Ashtray ideas

lloydrage

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok,

I dont smoke and dont use my ashtray for anything, so I was wondering can I do something to it to where it still looks factory but has a hidden gem, just not sure what to do.

any ideas?

coolest thing ive seen so far is a GPS there like tom tom or magellan

put your supercharger output temp gauge there, between you start button and your enable/fuel switches.

CIMG0030.jpg

thats a great idea, make a supercharger for the V6 and I am in Quik, I will even drive to you (still in Corpus)

:)

thats a great idea, make a supercharger for the V6 and I am in Quik, I will even drive to you (still in Corpus)

:)

Better yet, Quik, find a cheaper way to build the V8 version for us broke a#* LS drivers who love power, and I'll drive to you from Wisconsin!:D :D

One thing I saw a member do was put the clock from a navigator I think it was into the ashtray. It looked real good.

In another car of mine I had a seperate Satellite radio from the factory so I put the display in there. You could just close the ashtray and not see it or just open it up when you were listening to it. And no one even could tell it was in there the car looked stock and I hid the antenna also. Keeps a complete stock look, but its still hidden and a nice addition. Quick why did you choose that location for your switches? Just for the easy access?

Nick some black trim rubber trim would clean that up nice or even black plastic.

the guy who did the clock was fbird18. it does look very nice. search for threads started by him and you.ll find it.

i don.t smoke either, so i modified the surround to make a dock for my ipod. search thread titles for ipod holder and you.ll see my thread with pics.

Open up my ashtray to reveal . . .

Loose Change! Talk about a hidden gem. My kids think it is very cool.

wtf pete, someone invited you to pic whore your car and you declined, what is this websight comming to when every thread doesnt have at least 1 pic of your car or a demotivational poster from repete. haha :)

Here you go, 1LoudLS :lol:

Here's the ipod mod I did. Of course not to the ashtray itself, but since I don't need the ashtray, I can put something in front of it :D

ipod3.jpg

ipod-1.jpg

ipod2.jpg

there ya go, all is right in the world!;)

next time wipe off all the dust BEFORE you snap the pictures:D

Yeah I really had to clean it after that. There was a plastic support piece under there that was in the way. It was an integral part of the dash, so I had to dremel inside the car. Messy would be an understatement.

Before:
ipod4.jpg

After:
ipod5.jpg

Looks good Pektel. I have thought about doing something similar but having it incorporated into the ashtray. I wanted to see if I could make it so the ashtray folds out and in there you have the ipod dock. Not sure if there is room and have not had too much time to check it out.

I dont think a regular ipod would fit but maybe one of those chubby ipod nanos. The wide and short ones.

I put in a 1/2 din eq and crossover control to go with my Kenwood 9140 4 amp Rockford Fosgate 1700 watt rms monster stereo.

I had to remove a duct tube that feeds the rear through the console and do a couple of minor cuts with metal snips and gently hammer down some sheetmetal so the units would fit without sticking out.
I got it in a little better than in the closeup pic taken a while back.

102_1797.JPG

102_2193.JPG

102_2194.JPG

100_1764.JPG

102_1805.JPG

102_2204.JPG

102_1811.JPG

386, That is the first ever LS with Alpine system WITH CASSETTE IVE EVER SEEN!

Want.

Worlds Easiest Aux Port. Cassette Adapter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back