As usual air ride problems!!

l3ugl3ear

LVC Member
Reaction score
:L Hey guys,this is my first time in this forum.I own 93 lincoln continental that have been whit me 2 years and 1 month ago this problem come out.
I already did the soapy water test on my front-drive-side and didnt get bubbles or something so i guees is not a leak... i think it coulbe a weak compresser or theres a leak on the aire line that come out from the solenoid on the compressor...i've already try reset the brain of the system but that corner still siting on the ground :( looks like the compressor aint pomping air to that side thats why im thinking on air line leak..any idea?...plz HELP. :wrench

i do not think a weak compressor can do that. maybe the height sensor or like you said a leak to the air line. or even a bad solenoid can be the problem as well. good luck!

ty for reply

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
i do not think a weak compressor can do that. maybe the height sensor or like you said a leak to the air line. or even a bad solenoid can be the problem as well. good luck!

:I me 2 i think is not a weak compressor cuz the others bags are wroking good.... oh and somes times the "AIR RIDE" message como out even if were driving for miles not just on the 90 secs after start the engine...LOL another Q.. wheres that solenoid that could be caussing this probs :Bang.. if any else hace another idea plz let me know...another thing i saw on some site that if for some reason u disconect the air lines its recomended change the O-rings,so im thinking in replaced them :)

hey you sed its your fist time in the forums well welcom to our forums buddy

thnx again

bigdog1279 said:
hey you sed its your fist time in the forums well welcom to our forums buddy
TY BD... i noticed that most of u guys have pics of ur cars on the garage.. ill add some of mine:D.

TY pepperman u the second peson that tell me about the selenoide... but wheres is it?..btw i left my card parked 18 hours ago and i dont see any changes on the height..ill drive it to see if the leak could be in the fold bag area.

hey wate a seocond what side is on the ground man
hey check the front Plastick airride Control arm
or the Front sway bar links not the sawy bar but see if the links is broken or bracks or loose in any way
then check the back sway bark links and sway bars if the link are craked or missing in the back
that is why your hitting the ground also
but the man thing could be the front
so if you have a Broken craked or loose Sway Bark Link in the front on the side that is down
then try and pop it back into place if it goes back into place then turn the system back on wate a few and see if it pumps up then there your problem you can take it in to have that fixed or you can replace on your own or just do what i did on my 91 continetal
yous yello glue and plastic ties that held for 3 year LOL

bigdog1279 said:
hey wate a seocond what side is on the ground man
hey check the front Plastick airride Control arm
or the Front sway bar links not the sawy bar but see if the links is broken or bracks or loose in any way
then check the back sway bark links and sway bars if the link are craked or missing in the back
that is why your hitting the ground also
but the man thing could be the front
so if you have a Broken craked or loose Sway Bark Link in the front on the side that is down
then try and pop it back into place if it goes back into place then turn the system back on wate a few and see if it pumps up then there your problem you can take it in to have that fixed or you can replace on your own or just do what i did on my 91 continetal
yous yello glue and plastic ties that held for 3 year LOL

The problem is on the front driver side,at this time it have a normal height i just went to check it...i will check that and let u know what i find out.

hahaha cant believe what yellowe glue and plastic ties can do :)

yously it will hit the ground after driving for about a mintue or to right then youll notice a bumb bumb ovcourse but im realy thinking that might be the problem couse that what it was on my 91 those dam subframs cracked the links all the time in my 91 in the back and the link never stay on in the front

UPDATE= Damn, guys i left my car parked about 24 hours then i drive it(whit switch off) for less than a min and the front went to the ground :( this change all...any idea?

with switch off, if you dropped, you probably got bad bag(s).... with switch off, system will do nothing all to the compressor, seleniods.

you have leaking bags.the reason it didnt fall parked is that the folds that are leaking were covered and the weight of the car made them airtight.when you moved it the car bounces letting them leak their happy butts off.
try this let the car go up and with the switches turned off and the car off start bouncing the front end up and down and see if it starts dropping.

also alot of people do not do the leak test correctly.this applies to all of them.
when the car is is up turn off switch then jack up the front or back of the car(whichever your testing) letting the bags hang.this exposes the leaks and a good spray of soapy water will then show you all the nasty little hissers.
repair accordingly :wrench

john

TY u 2 guys, and yeah BD i check that and all looks good :( i think is a leak in the 2 front bags..thats sad.

I would bet money the leak is going to be in the front air struts. Keep in mind that a leak usually goes unnoticed for 6 months or more before the driver realizes theres a problem. In other words, you should fix it fast before it takes out the compre$$or and costs you more money.

Just make sure you "at least" reseal the solenoids while replacing the front struts. You "could" do a coil spring conversion and be done with it:
http://www.americanairsuspension.com/88-94 CONV.htm

http://www.americanairsuspension.com/

i hope you decide to stay with air bags and get them fixed man
good luck let us no how it works out for you

Ok good and bad news...finally i find out what my problem is,i lift the car and hold the suspension,then bounce the car a lil bit and a friend of mine spareyed some soapywater and yeah there was the leak(a big one).
To me looks like some thing damage the bag i mean some thing was rubbing the bag causing the leak :(..i already remove the air bag and hope get another one tomorrow.
I will check on the locar junk yard to get a second hand one cause im thinking on selling the car:(.
Ty all u guys for ur help :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back