are spacers ok?

94lankin

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have 94 towncar and just picked up some 20"s for it. the rims are off a mazda6 same bolt pattern but different backspacing. I test fitted them on the front, fits ok just sits in the wheel well to far and hits sway bar at full turn. My question is can i just use spacers, if so how much before having to use longer studs?

I wouldn't use spacers any thicker than let the lugnut engage any less than 6-8 full turns... probably about 1/4" or less before you need to go to an 'adapter' (with its own studs) thats wider...

Icarus said:
I wouldn't use spacers any thicker than let the lugnut engage any less than 6-8 full turns... probably about 1/4" or less before you need to go to an 'adapter' (with its own studs) thats wider...

I agree, with him, dont want to put too much stress on the ends of the stud.

Me, personally, thats way to much work for a set of rims to fit on your car and eventually get wear and tear. I have 22's on my mark viii and it really took some shopping and size testing to get the perfect fit and offsetting without the use of any additional adapters or spacers. I'm not sure if you'll come back to let us know how it was, but through experience i feel you'll be a bit disappointed and especially in the long run.

Members online

Back