Approximately how man cans of spray paint to paint wheels

for my 19's i did 2 coats each..prob took 2 cans per wheel. That was the duplicolor wheel paint @$6 a can. 1 coat of clear on the whole wheel and 2 coats on the face. I also did 2 coats of reg primer.

If i paint wheels again i'll prob try reg spray paint and clear...The wheel paint is pretty durable though. Nice n thick.

Ten spoke wheels. Thanks for the great answer SBcaprice, that'll give me an idea of how many to buy.

you're welcome..Also a good idea is to do some light wetsanding between primer,paint and clear if it comes out alittle rough.

for what you will spend on that many cans of spray bombs you can go to the auto body supply and buy real quality paint, not cheap crap in a can. spray them with a real gun and real paint.

for what you will spend on that many cans of spray bombs you can go to the auto body supply and buy real quality paint, not cheap crap in a can. spray them with a real gun and real paint.

but then you need all the supplies to paint them which is alot more $$$ if you dont allready have them.

I get coded paint mixed and put in a rattle can and use that other type of head/nozzle. It works nice for projects like this. Cost isnt too bad, depending on the paint.

Brad

for my 19's i did 2 coats each..prob took 2 cans per wheel. That was the duplicolor wheel paint @$6 a can. 1 coat of clear on the whole wheel and 2 coats on the face. I also did 2 coats of reg primer.

That is way too much paint! 8 cans of primer, 8 cans of color, and 8 cans of clear is nuts. Thick/heavy is not the answer with paint, not to mention you are suggesting that you spent over $100 on rattle can paint. I spent less than $50 on the same supplies for mine:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=66796

That is way too much paint! 8 cans of primer, 8 cans of color, and 8 cans of clear is nuts. Thick/heavy is not the answer with paint, not to mention you are suggesting that you spent over $100 on rattle can paint. I spent less than $50 on the same supplies for mine:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=66796

Yeah i was thinking about that yesterday..I painted them over 2 years ago and was wondering how i could've used that much paint per. Now that i reflect alittle harder i'll just say i did 2 coats of each primer,paint,clear. Heavier final coat. Which would total may 2/3 a can of each.

I get coded paint mixed and put in a rattle can and use that other type of head/nozzle. It works nice for projects like this. Cost isnt too bad, depending on the paint.

Brad

The one that sprays flatter? If so those are nice..Mine came with the standard crappy top.

Members online

Back