Anyone Use A Big Single Exhaust On A Non-lsc ?

JOHN1242

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone( with a non-LSC I would guess) simply said... wouldn't it be easy to use a magnaflow tru-y in place of the stock 2 into 1 converter, then use a single 3" pipe down the center and then split into 2 where the stock non-LSC does into some good mufflers? wouldn't this be easier, cheaper ,and as efficient as trying to crimp and bend those duals ?

anybody try this?,,, I am going to I think(spring)

JOHN

Ive never seen one on a lincoln but IMO single exhaust sound EVIL man. More like a evil screaming then a roar.

Someone on here had a 3 inch single exhaust.... best way to go if you wanna save some weight and sound mean.

i have a single 3" when i had cats still it sounded awesome. but i took off the cats and its ghetto rigged right now so it rattles. but i got no complaints really.

If you do get it done be sure to make some videos so others can hear hat it sounds like.

We have single 3in single pipe exhaust (magnaflow cat back)on our camaro no cats 3/4 length headers sound good in all but about 500 RPM from about 2000 to 2500

I have single 3.5" exhaust and it sounds very nice and deep when I am cruising but at full throttle sounds similar to cammed Ls1 engines and it's very loud.

i did this similar idea on my old 1997 TBIRD with a 2V, went with the magnaflow dual 2.5 to single 3 inch, and then i used a 3inch magnaflow muffler inline back out to dual 2.5 inch tips...car sounded mean and it sound real good, im thinking of doing something similar to my mark VIII

crappy video of the exhaust but you get the idea
YouTube - 97 Thunderbird Custom exhaust

Last edited:
yeah it is, i miss it.....but in the end i ended up with the car i really wanted

i guess when it comes down to it....a mark viii is leaps and bounds better then a Tbird...

yeah i hear ya i miss my 97 sport too (wife rearended a mazda pickup) :mad:

bah i figured the viii on the end was pointless, since everyone calls me chicken anyway i had joey lop off the viii

bah i figured the viii on the end was pointless, since everyone calls me chicken anyway i had joey lop off the viii

I dunno who this 'chicken' is. :confused:

Must be some Noooob! :D

:W Noobs!

:lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back