Anyone replaced head gaskets?

Htrlman1

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats the easiest way to do it? Should I drop the front suspension down with the engine or what? I've never had to work on the marks engine.

Do you have to drop the motor to get at the heads? Or can they be done with the motor in the car?

Do you have to drop the motor to get at the heads? Or can they be done with the motor in the car?

It can be done but I would never do it that way.
Less time and frustration dropping the motor or just replacing it.

Pick-n-Pull is having a half price sale this weekend. Just be sure to take off all the accessories (such as exhaust headers, p/s pump, a/c compressor, and alternator) because the price they list as "including all accessories" doesn't include those.

Found that out when I bought my Mark VIII engine with 89K on it from them the last time they had a 1/2 price sale! I think I paid like $90 for the engine + $50 core charge that you can get back when you bring back your old engine (or any engine for that matter).

I'd pay the core charge if its only $50, a scrap metal yard will give $200 just for the weight
I take my stuff to Quality Core, they've always paid out the most for junk

I'd pay the core charge if its only $50, a scrap metal yard will give $200 just for the weight
I take my stuff to Quality Core, they've always paid out the most for junk

Funny you said that - I didn't bring my block back, either. I get more from the recycling yard I use (I can't get $200 for a 400 pound block, however - that's 50 cents a pound!)

I believe that is CLEAN cast aluminum. You have to remove the internals and the cylinder linings to get that high I thought; but hey, I haven't returned aluminum to every scrap yard around the country either! :p

We've returned the clean aluminum left over from store installs and got big money, but like I said, that aluminum was totally clean with no contaminants. We even had to remove any steel brackets, bolts, nuts, etc.

Yup, definitely a used engine from the junkyard. These motors don't just require taking the heads off, and slapping the head gaskets back on, and call it done. Alot more then that too it.

You guys are scrapping Teksid blocks?!? Why not sell them on Corral, Craigslist, etc.? You would get more than scrap value for them, someone would come get it from you rather than you having to transport it, and it will keep them in circulation.

I got $300 for a teksid that was siezed at the bearings Worked out good for me engine was coming out regardless...cost me $100 for my jy engine I put In which had Ford quality renewal stickers and markings on engine

You guys are scrapping Teksid blocks?!? Why not sell them on Corral, Craigslist, etc.? You would get more than scrap value for them, someone would come get it from you rather than you having to transport it, and it will keep them in circulation.

No, I've never scrapped a Teksid block, but I totally agree with you! :D

Pick-n-Pull is having a half price sale this weekend. Just be sure to take off all the accessories (such as exhaust headers, p/s pump, a/c compressor, and alternator) because the price they list as "including all accessories" doesn't include those.

Found that out when I bought my Mark VIII engine with 89K on it from them the last time they had a 1/2 price sale! I think I paid like $90 for the engine + $50 core charge that you can get back when you bring back your old engine (or any engine for that matter).

depends on the yard/person. pick n pull here lists with accessories and that is considered alt, ac, wp, etc.

the core is 50 instead of 30

depends on the yard/person. pick n pull here lists with accessories and that is considered alt, ac, wp, etc.

the core is 50 instead of 30

Good luck! The one here USED to be like that - no more. The guy at the yard says it's "corporate wide", not his choice.

But he could be lying..... :shifty:

Parting it out then. Don't need this one anyways

its a 95 LSC

HID housings SOLD

Members online

No members online now.
Back