Anyone know where to get

Fastbird

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
a set of 2000 LS service manuals. I'm fed up with the warranty company and going to cancel the warranty and do everything myself. Just need to find the manuals (books, NOT cd's).

Hey Fastbird
The only place you will maybe get them is from Helm Inc. They have a website as well as an 800-782-4356 phone number. I cannot say if they still print the books though.
Good luck
Max

Fastbird said:
a set of 2000 LS service manuals. I'm fed up with the warranty company and going to cancel the warranty and do everything myself. Just need to find the manuals (books, NOT cd's).

Try here, or try ebay from time to time. That is where I got all of mine.

mrzeee said:
Hey Fastbird
The only place you will maybe get them is from Helm Inc. They have a website as well as an 800-782-4356 phone number. I cannot say if they still print the books though.
Good luck
Max

Yeah, I looked it up there and they're still selling them, albeit at $140.

Quik and 1wykd, I'm trying to shy away from the dvd/cd setups because of all the rip-offs out there. I'll go that route if I must, but would much prefer to have an actual book for reference.

I may check out the $39 cd auction though, but the Ford Service one is out because our LS is a 00 model.

Thanks guys!!! :Beer

I did not check the year, I was just giving you options. I have not heard of anyone getting ripped off, but I would not be surprised. I have a full library of Mark VIII's from 93-98 on cd, and have NEVER had a problem with them. I got them off of ebay as well. There are several other offers on ebay for the 00 LS.....good luck anyways. IF you find a factory tech manual it is gonna COST ya.

The one thing I have heard here time and again though is don't get the CD, make sure you get the DVD. SUpposedly the cd is a piece of crap compared to the DVD. I guess it just lacks a lot of the references the DVD has, and the DVD has EVERYTHING form the printed manuals on it. Just a little FYI

Yes, the DVD's are better, but if you are in need the cd's are fine. All of the ones I have are the cd version, and they have schematics and actual pictures as does the DVD's. The DVD's are more interactive than the cd's are, that is basically why they are better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back