Anyone know what this part is called?

zero18

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is called?
02 LS V6
It is part of the cooling system. small little piece broke off and i need to change this entire piece

IMAG6401.jpg

IMAG6402.jpg

IMAG6401.jpg

IMAG6402.jpg

Wow.. the little nipple broke off... big expense for something poorly designed.

Thank you very much for info

Another question.. is that little nipple just a bleeder? cause it does run to the throttle body
does it really need to be hooked up?
$(KGrHqV,!qkFCSRWwJ6HBQwmse8rcw~~60_57.jpg
IMAG6403.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!qkFCSRWwJ6HBQwmse8rcw~~60_57.jpg

IMAG6403.jpg

That's the throttle body heat. If it never gets very cold where you are, then you'd probably be okay without it. You'd still have to plug it off at both ends somehow. You will still need for the bleeder to be usable. The odds are really good that the rest of the plastic will crack and break soon anyway.

so many replaced.. dealer said there on back order.. he cant get it.. but if he could.. he could sell tons of them.
guy i bought from on ebay.. 5 available / 142 sold

I would be tempted to argue that the material selected for the plastic was "poorly designed", but it did last for eleven or twelve years.

What Year of S-Type works on a 2005 LS V6???

I have been looking high and low for what i am about to ask. havent found what i was looking for so i figured i would ask someone.

I am working on my inlaws 2005 LS V6. I had to put the #1 c.o.p. on, and it was under the intake. no biggie, wasnt a hard fix at all. in the process of pulling hoses off of the intake i broke off the little nipple that feeds the intake coolant. it was a clean break, so i drilled it out and tapped it and put in a brass nipple... well, in the process it cracked. so i need another one. i know it is a pretty expensive piece, and i really dont have it in the budget to order a hose that costs so much.

i have seen on here in a few places that using the same hose off of a jaguar will get the same result... i checked into it and i can get the piece for 38 bucks...

my question is this, what year of S-type works on the 2005 LS V6??? i cant find it to save my life. Sorry if i just overlooked it...

Mine looks simular to the pic posted above... except mine doesnt have a nipple out the side of the bleeder, and the nipple i broke off is about an inch to the passenger side on the top of the "hose" if thats what you want to call it

Is it the hose assembly that broke or the intake plenum? I'm a bit confused.....

I think I see it now. It's the bleeder hose?

Is it the hose assembly that broke or the intake plenum? I'm a bit confused.....

I think I see it now. It's the bleeder hose?

tbh i dont know. i do know it is a nipple that is inbetween the screw looking piece and the rubber piece of the hose on the passenger side. it runs from the hose up to the intake

i also know i have not actually seen one like this car has anywhere online. all the ones i see pics of have a nipple coming off the bleeder? or i assume it is the bleeder. this doesnt have that.

and to answer your first question, it isnt the intake side, it is the radiator hose or manifold side. right on the top front of the engine

i also know i have not actually seen one like this car has anywhere online. all the ones i see pics of have a nipple coming off the bleeder? or i assume it is the bleeder. this doesnt have that.

Curious... Where does the engine air bleed hose attach then? (It's the top hose attached to the degas bottle.)

illustrationShowingNipple.jpg

here is a quick illustration of what mine looks like. the yellow is where the nipple is on mine, it broke off clean where it joins the main body of the hose/manifold. none of the pics of either lincolns or jags look like it

from what i can tell that nipple in the pics comes out straight out of the side of the bleeder toward the block? i mean if it came down to it could i still use it?

illustrationShowingNipple.jpg

Curious... Where does the engine air bleed hose attach then? (It's the top hose attached to the degas bottle.)

there is no hose coming out of the bleeder... unless it broke off or something before i got under the hood. all there is is the cylender shaped thing on top of the body of the main hose w/ a screwdriver slot (i assume thats what it is), no nipple or hose or anything comes out of it.

this one looks just like my illustration. or it did before it broke. i dont have the car with me at my house. it is at the in laws in their garage. or i would run out and look and see if i could find this line...

there is no hose coming out of the bleeder... unless it broke off or something before i got under the hood. all there is is the cylender shaped thing on top of the body of the main hose w/ a screwdriver slot (i assume thats what it is), no nipple or hose or anything comes out of it.

The heater air bleed is not connected to the degas bottle. It's just held in place there. I am talking about the engine bleed hose. The only hose connected to the top of the degas bottle. It is item #4 in this drawing. Where does the other end of that hose connect? It has to be somewhere at the front of the engine, at the high spot of the cooling system.

s6x~us~en~file=a0060108.gif~gen~ref.gif

The heater air bleed is not connected to the degas bottle. It's just held in place there. I am talking about the engine bleed hose. The only hose connected to the top of the degas bottle. It is item #4 in this drawing. Where does the other end of that hose connect? It has to be somewhere at the front of the engine, at the high spot of the cooling system.

right off the top of my head the two lines that come around the back of the engine like that both connect to the intake. it has two that go in and two that go out... i pulled the intake yesterday and reinstalled it yesterday. it almost looks like the line just passes through. but i am pretty sure it doesnt

i know one for sure is a coolant line that exits the nipple facing the rear of the engine. where it goes i am not sure. i only needed to disconnect the one end to pull the intake. i guess the other was a vac line???

eelincoln engine bay with arrows.jpg

forgot i had taken a pic of the engine before i pulled anything off. the red arrow is where it sheered off, the green is where it enters the intake, and blue is where it exits and goes to the degas bottle

lincoln engine bay with arrows.jpg

Members online

Back