Anyone know what 15" wheels will fit the LS?

ga289stocker

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a set of 235/60/15 BFG DR's that I would like to mount on a 15" rim for the track. I know the bolt pattern is 5x4.25". Anyone know what cars have that pattern in a 15" wheel that will fit the LS and clear the brakes? Thanks.

I have a set of 235/60/15 BFG DR's that I would like to mount on a 15" rim for the track. I know the bolt pattern is 5x4.25". Anyone know what cars have that pattern in a 15" wheel that will fit the LS and clear the brakes? Thanks.

I'm sure Google knows.........

i'm not actually convinced 15s will clear the rear brakes.
the "general rule" seems to be rotor+4.
the LS rear rotor is 11.34+4 = 15.34.
rounded up to 16.
and i can't say i've seen this tried so you may be alone is this.
i'd start with a taurus 15" wheel from the junkyard and see where that gets you.

I know you are talking about the rears, but just in case you are considering all four corners...the front calipers barely clear stock 16" wheels.

I know you are talking about the rears, but just in case you are considering all four corners...the front calipers barely clear stock 16" wheels.

What he said!!!

Then again you could always use spacers....

2yvqucg.jpg

2yvqucg.jpg

I tried fitting a steely Taurus16x6.5 or something (full size spare) and I don't think that even cleared the brake with the way the steel face curved in towards the barrel... but I could be wrong.

Josh, I think what Chris was saying is that 15s might not even fit the rears, let alone the fronts.

so I'm the only one who is curious as to what has been done to this LS that it needs drag radials to get traction???

so I'm the only one who is curious as to what has been done to this LS that it needs drag radials to get traction???

Ahh, well when you stomp the gas with your right foot does your LS NOT smoke the tires from take off? Already had the DR's anyway from another vehicle.

Ahh, well when you stomp the gas with your right foot does your LS NOT smoke the tires from take off? Already had the DR's anyway from another vehicle.

nope. sure doesn't...

maybe if I brake torque it to break them loose first... but thats it.

but then again, I also drive around the water box so I'm not trying to hook with wet tires.

even when doing high(er) RPM launches, the rear squats down, then the tire hook and it goes, even on the street. I cant imagine a stock LS having any traction problems on a nice sticky prepped track surface.

if you're really lighting up the tire every time you stomp on it, You might want to look into adding a LSD locking rear so both tires will spin.

Members online

No members online now.
Back