anyone know how to deactivate courtesy lights when door is opened?

djknowledge

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i have been searchin and havent come up with any answers...dont know what else to try..

but wudnt that also stop them from working when i press the button to turn them on as opposed to just stopping them from turning on when a door is opened.

Yep. Actually I was itching to use it. :p

If I knew the answer I would've posted it up. :D

Why do you need them off anyways? Stalking somebody, are we? :shifty:

Close door only :).
i dont think that lincolns battery is weak for 2 bulbs :~

if you are talking about disabling the door light and chime while leaving the door open while you are working on the car - I just use a screwdriver and flip the door latch (in the door) closed. The car 'thinks' the door is closed.

remember to pull the outside handle to 'open' the latch before actually swinging the door closed - or you'll get and bad 'thud' while it slams the latch.

Gotta love my Suburban with the big switch on the dash - on/off/auto - for the interior lights.

i just need the light to not turn on when i am in situations where i dont particularly want to be seen, and no its not because i am stalking someone lol. just dont want people to see who i am really, if they don't already know me. i guess you can say i just want to be as low key as i can be in a black lincoln ls with 20s and super loud exhaust

You could just disable the driver's door sensor so the car thinks it's always closed (probably ground the wire or something).

Members online

Back