anyone have/or know

i am in greenville, TX. i haven't had problems with my air bags as of yet(thank GOD). the "check suspension" light comes ever now and then.

I don't have any problems with ride height just that the car is very loose- got that old big car feeling of going over a bump and staying up in the air for a while, then bouncing a bit after coming down. Not a comfortable feeling, especially when cornering- I was used to my Mustang. Even my Cougar felt more suitable for performance driving. Is there a way to firm up, or is there a problem with, the air suspension? Or should I just forget about the air suspension for a moment and just consider it a symptom of needing new shocks and struts as with any other car that behaves this way? Are the shocks and struts standard or are they specific to an air suspension application? I.e. who was the OEM manufacturer of the originals? Thank you in advance.

chagan said:
I don't have any problems with ride height
Congratulations.
chagan said:
just that the car is very loose- got that old big car feeling of going over a bump and staying up in the air for a while, then bouncing a bit after coming down. Not a comfortable feeling, especially when cornering- I was used to my Mustang. Even my Cougar felt more suitable for performance driving. Is there a way to firm up, or is there a problem with, the air suspension?
That depends on the model of yourMark VII. Designers and base models have softer bags than LSCs.
chagan said:
Or should I just forget about the air suspension for a moment and just consider it a symptom of needing new shocks and struts as with any other car that behaves this way?
The YOUNGEST that your Mark VII can be is 13 years old. Any vehicle that's been standin for 13 years can benefit from new suspension parts.
chagan said:
Are the shocks and struts standard or are they specific to an air suspension application?
Base and Bill Blass models used standard shocks. LSCs and GTCs use different suspensions.
chagan said:
I.e. who was the OEM manufacturer of the originals? Thank you in advance.
Motorcraft. You're welcome in advance.

Staff online

Members online

Back