Anyone have a Rear Neon Ballast for a '97 LSC?

97SilverLSCcobra

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I think I need a Ballast for my Rear Neon!! It worked just fine last night, but tonight it is not working! Whenever I turn my light switch on it flashes like its about to come on but it does'nt! Same whenever I hit my brakes! It just flickers!!! Does anyone have one for sale? What is the going rate for these things???

get a "glitch" ballast. search for him..There only 90shipped i beleive and are brand new.

the actual neon rarely breaks..Its almost always the ballast.

Is there mold in the neon housing?

-joe whats the turn around rate for one of his ballast

does the glitch ballast have install instructions as well? and does anyone have any pictures of theres installed ?

Yes it does come with detailed install instructions.
Also how to adjust it for brightness.
Its very easy to install.

It goes right were the old ballast is.
I will look for a pic.

Yes, it comes with instructions. Many, many people have done it with great success. I think he even gives you his phone number, just in case.

I've got one as a spare, just in case, and the instructions look very good.

Here is a pic Jamie posted.
Its mounted on the back side of the neon.

ballast.jpg

Find it here

Okay guys, thanks so much!! I am going to order one tonight or tomorrow! Oh and caprice there is no mold inside of it and it looks perfect!!! But thanks again guys!!!

Yes, it comes with instructions. Many, many people have done it with great success. I think he even gives you his phone number, just in case.

I've got one as a spare, just in case, and the instructions look very good.

x2..Always good to know that ya got a spare..Got mine acouple years ago, Sitting lonely in the garage with nowhere to go.

Okay guys, thanks so much!! I am going to order one tonight or tomorrow! Oh and caprice there is no mold inside of it and it looks perfect!!! But thanks again guys!!!

thats good.

I also heard awhile back that the wire-s- get old leading to the ballast or on the pigtail and break. Maybe once you put the new one in take it apart and seeing if anything catches ur eye.

You need to read his page on the other site. It sounds like you may have a bad connection and need a little solder on the connector instead of a whole new ballast.

-98lincmk7lsc how much would u let urs go for? LOL im gonna order 2 as well and how can i fix it if it has mold inside its dark around the top and the sides and quick solutions

Members online

Back