Anyone else think the break / gas are too close?

IL-LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am on the gas, and my damn doot is touching the break.. I think they should be a LITTLE further apart...

anyone else?

I actually move mine closer together - I was having truble trail braking.

pedals.JPG

yea.. I have the same problem too, just 2 days ago I was backing up and stepped on both the gas and brake at the same time.

PS, quik how did you get your woodgrain so shiny and glossy?

lexdiamondz10304 said:
yea.. I have the same problem too, just 2 days ago I was backing up and stepped on both the gas and brake at the same time.

PS, quik how did you get your woodgrain so shiny and glossy?

Hmm, that sounds dangerous! Are they this close together for all model years?

I think they are a little on the close side, but I haven't hit both at the same time yet. I've been close to doing it, and I know it's going to happen before too long.

Yes, in my opinion they are too close. I had the misfortune of stepping on both the throttle and the brake as I was exiting a parking lot. The brake pressure in the system had not come up to full (warning lights were on) so the throttle easily overcame the brake pedal. I narrowly missed hitting another car and I did take out a small tree before I could reach down and turn off the key. At first I thought the car had accelerated by itself, but after I calmed down I carefully recreated the event and realized that I had accidently had my foot on both pedals. I am VERY careful now to let the warning light go out and to make sure where my big feet are. I also used my portapower to bend the brake pedal away from the throttle a little more. I will not loan my car to my wife or anyone else because I know this could happen again. I suspect this is why in the later years you have to put you foot on the brake before you can put the car in gear. (example, my -93 caddy) The brake system on a MK 7 is kind of unique in that it requires a bit of time to be fully operational and this time gets longer as the car gets older. I am surprised more people have not had accidents caused by this.

It only happens when I've got the clown shoes on.

No, but seriously, The only time I have hit both was when I was letting off the throttle and my foot hit the back of the brake pedal. Nothing serious.

I'm with Quik on this. Just add some aftermarket pedals.

mats 005.jpg

it looks like ur are touching or is that just the angle of the pic. where did u get your pedals. my brake pedal rubber keeps falling off so i was gonna buy some anyways.

Members online

No members online now.
Back