Anybody hear from D_KELLY

burning.empire

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody hear from D_KELLY?

All I know is I paid him $350 for his angel eyes, he said they shipped out July 26th. And I'm still waiting for them. I got a bad foot, but I could walk the package from Missouri to NJ.

Now he doesn't answer any texts I send him.

Anybody hear from D_KELLY?

All I know is I paid him $350 for his angel eyes, he said they shipped out July 26th. And I'm still waiting for them. I got a bad foot, but I could walk the package from Missouri to NJ.

Now he doesn't answer any texts I send him.

:bowrofl:

Check when he was online last.

EDIT:

Last Activity: July 29th, 2011 11:29 AM

Next time have them post it in eBay and bit it though there just for the buyer protection not eaveryone on lvc is honorable.

Did you pay through paypal? Open a dispute.

If you paid through paypal, you should have gotten a name. You know, after you send the payment, it says "You just sent $350.00 to John Smith". What's his name? Shouldn't be too hard to track down, and I think I may know some people in the area.

Nevermind. I did a little searching around the interwebz. Here's what I found.

Name: Dontae Kelly
4042 Washington Ave.
Kenosha, WI 53144
Phone #'s: 262-484-3785 (from lvc)
262-748-2769 (from another For Sale ad on a Nike shoes forum from back in March)

^^^ if he did pay through paypal he'll be fine as long as d-kelly didn't drain the account after he got the money, paypal can only get back whats available in the account

I did see him ask in other FS ads to use gift option. If that's the case here, the buyer is SOL. As far as a paypal refund is concerned.

The thing is, some people don't realize that the internet is not a big place. Some of us are very resourceful, and sometimes Karma rides in a twin turbo.

The whole pay through Paypal thing didn't work for me. Some of you may remember JdBWood who sold me a set of 20's in "mint condition" only to arrive absolutely destroyed. He admitted he was wrong and claimed he would pay for them during our arbitration with
Paypal but when the final arbitration decision was made Paypal's official decision was "customer not responsible for the condition that the property arrives". Each rim was dented from potholes, had curb rash and was scratched beyond belief. The pic he sent must have been old...
That was $750.00 I never saw again.

this is :q:q:q:qty, it sucks because it lowers the rust of the whole site, not just d_kelly or the other guy now people are going to be very aprehensive from doing any online dealing with other members... other than ones you may know personally....

people are :q:q:q:q:q:q:qs, I long for the days when a Handshake meant something and saying you'll do something was more inportant than a signature

A member here ripped me off a while back. The only good thing: it was only for $35. I sent the money via paypal gift option. paypal told me I was screwed.

^^^ if he did pay through paypal he'll be fine as long as d-kelly didn't drain the account after he got the money, paypal can only get back whats available in the account

If he did drain the money and the buyer didn't use the gift option, they will freeze his account until he pays it (if paypal decides he owes it).. I mean you don't use paypal everyday so you could never see the money though..

I've been burnt a couple of times - only once from a deal with a former LVC member. I'm to the point now of wanting to use an Escrow-type of service where you basically pay the money and it's held in an account that the seller cannot touch until the item is received and verified to be in the condition that it was advertised. If the item is not, then the item is returned and the buyer gets their money back out of the account.

It's been going on for a long time, I just kind of made up my mind to only do business with members that are reputable, and most frequenters on this site are. Length of time on LVC, frequency of visits, number of posts and previous dealings all play a factor if I buy something from someone on here.

the internet, a great place to get ripped off then find the guy who ripped you off

That sucks, he seemed like a great person.. I am not taking any sides simply for the the fact maybe something got mixed up, but yes it does seem sketchy. We have exchanged many texts and phone calls even after I did the angel eye install for him. I hope you guys figure something out.. I will try and contact him as well for you. Sorry that this type of situation happened.

Members online

No members online now.
Back