Any town car burnouts

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like to see town car burnouts, so If you got any post it

I dont have any pics, but i sure like to do it. I put mine in neutral, rev the engine, flip her into drive and then smell that rubber. Someone at school said that can ruin my tranny. is that true?

derek a.k.a. 95ltc

Hi

Here is HizHonor doing a burnout in his 92 Town Car

20050611-011.jpg

20050611-012.jpg

Regards

Dereck

Hi Mark0101

The really amusing part of Jack's burnout is about 45 seconds later while the smoke was still clearing a police officer pulled up, Jack had to kiss some police butt to avoid a ticket :D

Regards

Dereck

I'll need to get some pics of my Towncar doing a burnout but look in my photo garage for a Mark VI because I'm too stupid to post a pic here.

95ltc said:
I dont have any pics, but i sure like to do it. I put mine in neutral, rev the engine, flip her into drive and then smell that rubber. Someone at school said that can ruin my tranny. is that true?

derek a.k.a. 95ltc
yea definatly dont do that man, very harmful... you're going from idle to max power within a blink of an eye...dangerous.

Instead... since its a v8 towncar... you should have no problems since you have a lot of low rev torque.

All you have to do is put it in drive... sit in one spot...make sure the steering wheel is straight. Stomp on the gas (and I mean really stomp on it.)...btw if you've never done this before... I wouldnt suggest doing it around other cars...

The tires should start spinning right off the bat, but the car will want to start moving forward. Apply some brake until the car slows down to a crawl, or sits in one spot. But... do not put it down so far to the point it stops the rear wheels from spinning.

There's really not all that much to it... it just depends on the type of car it is. Have fun! If you do end up blowing your motor...dont blame it on me!

Dirty Deeds said:
yea definatly dont do that man, very harmful... you're going from idle to max power within a blink of an eye...dangerous.

Instead... since its a v8 towncar... you should have no problems since you have a lot of low rev torque.

All you have to do is put it in drive... sit in one spot...make sure the steering wheel is straight. Stomp on the gas (and I mean really stomp on it.)...btw if you've never done this before... I wouldnt suggest doing it around other cars...

The tires should start spinning right off the bat, but the car will want to start moving forward. Apply some brake until the car slows down to a crawl, or sits in one spot. But... do not put it down so far to the point it stops the rear wheels from spinning.

There's really not all that much to it... it just depends on the type of car it is. Have fun! If you do end up blowing your motor...dont blame it on me!

alright thanks alot!
Derek a.k.a. 95ltc

can you do a burn out in a continental just wondering couse its a front wheel drive

bigdog1279 said:
can you do a burn out in a continental just wondering couse its a front wheel drive

you probably could. my mom has a pt cruiser and she peeled out one time, no smoke, just alot of noise.
=Derek=

http://www.zippyvideos.com/137732921515005.html

I did a quick burnout on camera since nobody has seen my TC yet :-D i woulda kept going around in circles but i dont wanna tear up my brand new tires lol... that color is Aztec Gold dont see many of them... im getting it repainted soon cause after 15 years the paint is starting to dull out

bigdog1279 said:

You definately can... I had an 87 Buick LeSabre (3.8Liter FWD) that I got some good smokeshows out of. Just set the e-brake all the way and PUNCH the gas! You shoulda seen the NASTY burnout we did with my buddy's Cutlass Ciera... We bleached the front tires, set the e-brake and LET IT RIP!!! It lasted over a full minute, you COULD NOT see the car!!!!! :invasion:
P.S...... Maybe I can get some burnout pics of my grand marquis!

Jason_Towncoupe80 said:
I don't want any burnout from my coupe. I need more respect with my car for collector.

WOW!!! What a gorgeous car! I don't recall ever seeing one of these on the road. You really have something special there and the white is so classy. I had an '88 Town Car in white that I loved before I got my '97. Your car is destined to be a high value vintage collectible. Hang onto it.

Members online

Back