Any tips on storing a car for the winter?

rsimmons1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna park my LS inside for the winter. Just stuff like how often I should take it out for a spin? Should I fill up the gas tank or leave it empty? If there are any certain things I should do before I park it I would appreciate the input. It's running fine now and I don't wanna pull it out four months from now and have a surprise.

Add Stay-Bil to a half tank of gas per instructions. Put a Battery Tender on the battery. You should drive it , if possible, for a half hour at least one a month.

Put gas stabilizer in the tank. It used to be that you should fill the tank up so that there is less air space in the tank for moisture to condense from. Now that gas tanks are sealed, I don't think that matters anymore.
Put a battery tender on the battery, or disconnect the battery.

Last edited:
Add Stay-Bil to a half tank of gas per instructions. Put a Battery Tender on the battery. You should drive it , if possible, for a half hour at least one a month.

Put gas stabilizer in the tank. It used to be that you should fill the tank up so that there is less air space in the tank for moisture to condense from. Now that gas tanks are sealed, I don't think that matters anymore.
Put a battery tender on the battery, or disconnect the battery.

Alright thanks guys.

:D For once I was quicker than joegr on the keyboard.

lol

Maybe a fresh bath? Don't want any dirt and grime gettin' cozy over the next 4 months!

Members online

No members online now.
Back