any suggestions

soundwaves454

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Let's just say the passenger that did this was awfully quite when they got off the car. The tabs are broken. Any suggestions on how to fix this or would I have to buy a whole new seat? Anybody have one collecting dust that they'd like to turn into dollar bills?

2013-01-10_20-14-54_942.jpg

You can just replace that part.

Wish you would have posted this earlier...i went to see that LS that was being parted out again, and the guy was trying to sell me those pieces for $20. I had told him they were valuable and a common break item on the LS and that i had paid like $140 from the dealer, so he tried to make a quick buck but I didnt need them.

What a shame could have helped you out.

Additionally check it: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=41935&highlight=fix+seat+back

Thanks mlara this happened today, feels like I should be stocking up on plastic parts. Any website you may know of?

Thanks for the link bro... should have searched

take metal "L" brackets as close to the same size as the tabs that broke off.

then place them on top of the part of the broke tab, facing up, right at the same place that the OEM tab would have stuck up.

screw down

its really is that simple, enjoy it, because very few repairs on this car can be done for under ten bucks

"its really is that simple, enjoy it, because very few repairs on this car can be done for under ten bucs"

Ain't that the truth... my spirits are lifted thanks guys

You can get these on eBay pretty regularly, but they run $35 - $50. Try the L-brackets first.

I also zip tied mine back on, I had the problem of the lower brackets breaking, and those are held in by these push pin type deals that are virtually useless after one use.

Members online

Back