Any ideas on how to reprogram alarm remote

Nicky Papa

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Found a ford alarm remote and I want to try and reprogram it for my navi.
It's the same remote as mine but I hae no idea how to reprogram it.
Any ideas?
02' Navi
3 button remote lock, unlock and panic.

I don't know if it works on the navi but it worked on my conti. First look up in the manual but if you can't here is what you do for the conti not sure for the navi.

1. Enter the factory keyless entry code.
2. press 1/2 button
3. press one button on each of the transmitters.each time the trans. is programmed successfully, the car will lock and unlock.if they don't your trans. was not programmed.

If you mess up your previous trans. will not work either.

804072_34_full.jpg

You need to look in your owner's manual. On the LS for example, pre '03 models HAVE to go to the dealer...or a shop with a NGS tester...and have them programmed. You must bring in EVERY remote when you do this. '03 and later can be user programmed. Your owner's manual will tell you whether it has to go to the dealer or if you can do it yourself. If you are allowed to do it, it will give instructions.

Reprogramming keyless entry

Nicky Papa said:
Found a ford alarm remote and I want to try and reprogram it for my navi.
It's the same remote as mine but I hae no idea how to reprogram it.
Any ideas?
02' Navi
3 button remote lock, unlock and panic.

I purchased a new keyless remote on ebay and followed the instructions for my 98 Navi in the manual and it worked fine.

Place the key in the ignition and turn from OFF to ON eight times in rapid succession within 10 seconds. After doors lock/unlock, press any control on all transmitters (up to four) When completed, turn the ignition to off. All transmitters must be programmed at the same time.

Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.
Back