Any ever seen an overseas mark?

indust82

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to find out if anyone has ever seen a mark or any lincoln or caddy for that matter for sale in another country (other than say canada or mexico). I'm sure they jack the price up, but I don't know by how much. I've heard of american luxury cars goin for 2-3 times as much in brazil, but I've never been there nor am i sure that the exchange rate math was done right.

I've seen a few of them in Russia. The price is jacked up way high though. They go for at least twice what they are worth here. That has a lot to do with the customs though, you pay through the nose for the huge engine displacement, unless you bribe somebody at the customs, which is still at least a few $ grand.

Russo said:
I've seen a few of them in Russia. The price is jacked up way high though. They go for at least twice what they are worth here. That has a lot to do with the customs though, you pay through the nose for the huge engine displacement, unless you bribe somebody at the customs, which is still at least a few $ grand.

I've seen one in spain.

Marks are expensive outside the U.S. Almost all American cars are expensive outside the US. Even in Puerto Rico which is a part of the US cars tend to be several thousand dollars more expensive. People there and around the world tend to buy Japanese and German made cars. Quality and excellent gas mileage is important to everyone around the world. I know American cars have improved a lot in the past 15 years but it is a little too late. Those manufacturers have captured the hearts and wallets of those people around the world. You won't see any Ford F250 pickups or Hummers roaming Italy. They just don't fit down a lot of those streets. People there will make fun of you if they saw you driving one. Lets not forget the difference in gas prices also in Europe. Who wants to spend $200 on gas every week? I know I don't. :F

Evian said:
Lets not forget the difference in gas prices also in Europe. Who wants to spend $200 on gas every week? I know I don't. :F

I do :)

I live in the UK and use a 92 Town Car as my daily driver with a 79 Continental for weekend playtime, I also have a Dodge Durango.

I have severall friends with Lincolns and Cadillacs I also have friends and customers with other makes of American vehicle, in total I could muster maybe 100 American cars locally.

All totalled government figures say there are about 1 1/2 million American cars on UK roads.

Regards

Dereck

Russo said:
Like here, for example
http://www.cars.auto.ru/sale/LQ46974/771612/
is a 1994 Mark VIII, with 116,000km on the clock (~72,000mi), going for $10,225.
nothing special about it, just an alarm and a sound system are the only mods.

that's the type of response I was looking for.....$amounts.
It's pretty amazing that's it's going for 10....cuz her I suppose it would go for around 3.

indust82 said:
that's the type of response I was looking for.....$amounts.
It's pretty amazing that's it's going for 10....cuz her I suppose it would go for around 3.

Ya blue book is about 4K.

Members online

No members online now.
Back