Anti-Sway Bar Upgrade : Which end would benefit the Mark most?

97 Octane

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what your opinion is on which end of the car would benefit the most if you were to do an anti-sway bar upgrade on only one end. Front or Back?

front x10, front bars are basically required on cars, not all cars even have a rear bar.

All I've done (referring to sway bars), is replace the rear bar with a 1 3/8" bar. I also have a 1 3/8" front bar to go onto it as well, but haven't had the chance yet.

I have Koni shocks with air ride at all 4 corners, so I'm sure that contributes quite nicely, but I love the way the car handles with just the rear bar.

The labor/time required to swap out front bars is much higher than for the rear bar. The rear can be done in 30-45 minutes, while the front bar requires you to drop the front subframe (with the engine supported above), basically the same procedure for changing the oil pan, or installing headers... That's why I'm doing all of that at the same time.

front and rear sway bars

I have just replaced my front and rear bars with 1991 Supercoupe bars and it made a lot of difference in the handling. The rear is simple to swap out , you dont even have to move the exhaust... the front was a different story.

It took me a few hours to do the job, as you have to drop the front subframe with engine attached to allow enough clearance for the bar to be removed, its a good idea to remove the maf rubber hose off the airbox, as the engine drops down and strains it.

You can get to both the sway bar clamp bushing brackets through the engine compartment, down the side of the engine, using a long extension and 13mm socket.

Deffo worth it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back