Antenna booster wire

KevinJ

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
having a problem installing my pioneer avicX910Bt
There is a wire comming from the head unit that is supposed to go to the cars antenna power booster. ( which is crappy because the aftermarket harness i got does not have the blue wire, which it says it is supposed to)

so my question is:
can i just plug an amp turn on wire into the head unit to amplify the antenna or is there an actual power booster im going to have to run a wire to?
i have searched this and found nothing, nada zilch.
i have a 2000 LS v8.
thanks!

The antenna booster is automatically powered anytime that delayed accessory power is active.
No, you don't have to connect anything to the head unit to have the booster work.

thanks! that unit was a bouger putting in and taking out. too many wires. after i put it in for the second time the radio seemed to work a lot better. maybe after the first installation the cord for the antenna popped out a little bit.

The reception of the AVIC F90 that I put in my wife's LS is not as good as the stock radio was.

any other input on this topic? confirmation that the antenna booster turns on in the accessory or on position? my reception is actually comming out pretty nice now. just trying to confirm

That's what the 04 LS wiring diagrams show.
The show the booster powered by the SSP relay in the trunk.
The SSP relay is controlled by the REM.

Maybe someone else with wiring diagrams could verify this too for the OP.

yeah - it's weird.

your Gen1 just shows a 'standard' antenna connection.

the Gen2 shows a 'hidden Antenna module'....

Same for the VSS questions you have - the Gen2 show one (probably since they had NAV as an option, then Gen1... nothing.

Gen1 Antenna.jpg

Gen2 Antenna.jpg

yep no antenna amp wire to hook up in either of my LS'es (1st gen and 2nd gen)

the reception sucks compaired to cars that have a real antenna (my mark could pull in stations great) with the rear window in-glass, i have trouble pulling in stations if im heading toward them but have no trouble if i am heading away from them, this seems to be a very common issue with any cars with an in-glass antenna when you replace the factory radio.

Members online

No members online now.
Back