another one bites the dust

is that where it is! i was looking for it on the door, and under the dash....duh obviousy its in the glove box...stupid me. thanks (though i do think theres a body in there, that was the first thing my friend said when we couldnt open it....it IS in that part of the city)

new help topic...how much or how hard is it to replace a power stearing line?

power steering line aint' bad its fairly easy to get to, gotta be a dime a dozen between Jersey and NY

nice, nice...thats good to know (theres a leak in mine) :( ...but if i decided not to replace it and let the fluid leak out, would it just feel like a rack and pinion? or would it just seize up?

NO! If the leak is severe at high accelaration, you turn the wheel any bit left or right the fluid is known to land on the Chevy Small Blocks on a pully, causing the belt to slide right off like a foot on a banana peel.

hottweelz said:
NO! If the leak is severe at high accelaration, you turn the wheel any bit left or right the fluid is known to land on the Chevy Small Blocks on a pully, causing the belt to slide right off like a foot on a banana peel.

so it would be a good idea to fix that before i drive it any distance?

If that Monte has t-tops be careful with the mods. I had an 88 SS and did a frame off on it custom hood and all. Had a 383 stroker with a B&M blower and Nitrous. Kept breaking the t-tops and yes the car had subframe work to stiffen it up. After my 4 set of tops I sold the car. Do not get carried away with power its easy to do on that car parts are inexpensive. I am guessing there is already motorwork done since the 350 is not the original engine that car came with a 305. Good luck they are great cars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back