another one bites the dust

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
welp, i just "bought" an 88 monte carlo SS (350, 3.73 posi), i just have to go pay and pick it up. And put my mark up for sale. i cant afford to get the power i want from the mark, and i dont want to swap THAT motor. but hopefully after i get out of college (or even this summer) i will have enough to buy a 98 lsc :). no doubt in my mind that this is, and always will be my favorite car. and no doubt that i will purchase another one. its great timing, now that i finally got ALL the bugs out of her now:)sarcasim:)! but w/e. i wish i didnt heve to sell, but mom wont let me keep two cars. i guess ill stick arround here to offer some of my experience, though im sure you have enough. cya round fellas. :L

Hey MrWillson hope you stick around. I'm sure there are GM guys in this site who can help you with your Monte! :wrench Plus where else can you have all this fun :wave

Good luck selling your Mark VIII.... :Beer :bestwishe

Just remember look out for the :ricesmile

mespock said:
Hey MrWillson hope you stick around. I'm sure there are GM guys in this site who can help you with your Monte! :wrench Plus where else can you have all this fun :wave

Good luck selling your Mark VIII.... :Beer :bestwishe

Just remember look out for the :ricesmile

I had an 88 monte ss...I loved it,it had t-tops and all,i drove the hell outta it....til it blew a head gasket, i sold it and bought a .....don't hurt me , a Honda CRX si....worst mistake ever...small cars are not my style.i did eventually trade that ricer in on a 95 stang GT,best move ever,...btw why didn't you just get a stang?to stay with Ford....just curious,but the SS was a good choice!good luck and stick around,we learn from eveyone! :Beer

The Monte SS is a nice car and leaves you a ton of room to mod at will. My friend had an 85 and I loved that car. He had it before I got my liscense, and I've kinda always wanted one. I also want a Mark 8. Marry me and I'll let you keep both!

j/k

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/771818

heres my new site, it has my mark and my mc. thanks for all the support. but there is no doubt in my mind i will buy another mk8 SOON, perhaps by the next time winter rears her ugly head!...that was a nice buford t justiace quite monster mark :). perhaps i will be able to join up with ya when you guys meet up again, and show you what a REAL car drives like...j/k (most of your marks could kill my mc neways). i will probabily stick arround, though we need to add a monti forum here :p.

Well I got to admit. You were like meteor. Came flying in, lit up the sky and then flamed out. Hope to see you back.

And I try to keep things humorous and smartalicky at all times.

MonsterMark said:
Well I got to admit. You were like meteor. Came flying in, lit up the sky and then flamed out. Hope to see you back.

And I try to keep things humorous and smartalicky at all times.

lol, if thats a quote i dont know it, but its a good one. dont worry, ill be back in about 8 months lighting up the sky again, but this time with a second gen :)

Stick around Mr Wilson, I built TWO Monte SS's and ONE Grand Prix, I know them better than any other car!!! Hell I could've sold u a 86 Monte SS putting out 550hp on a blueprinted non-charged 350 now...

Nice aquisition there Mr. Wilson. I have not built a MC, but I built a Regal (78 and 80). Not really the same, but on the same lines......good luck wif it, and stick around.....we wont beat up on ya too much.....until you purchase another M8 :Beer

hottweelz said:
Stick around Mr Wilson, I built TWO Monte SS's and ONE Grand Prix, I know them better than any other car!!! Hell I could've sold u a 86 Monte SS putting out 550hp on a blueprinted non-charged 350 now...

u still have it?...i go to pick up the monti today, so theres still time to get out of it...that sounds sick

it only needs body work on one side but drive train is 100% mint.... not sure what type of project u want?

he wants an offer made, it needs door and a rear quarter some paint obviously, tranny is blueprinted too, suspension, basically the car is blueprinted, it's all done aside from bodywork, rear is modded too, what were u gonna spend on the 88?

1700, but what do you think he will take for that, was it beat on too much?

I know this car :p and he's one of my best friends, he's gonna want $4k - $5k just knowing him, which is sweet if u have it, you'll have a normal maintenance cost becuase I've literally watched this car crack the taillights every time he runs it on the track (body twist a millimeter or so) ... he's just sad that some old lady side swiped him at like 20mph and went and bought a Bonneville.

it sounds like a deal at 5k, but...if i were to spend that much, id wanna do the work myself and learn the skills. thanks for the offer neways. it sounds killer.

Anytime, see why u gotta stick around? is there any # u want me to ask him? I'm guessing based on what I'd ask

:L yeah, i will stay arround...but unfortunatly without my mark. na dont ask him any price, i wouldnt want to insult him, i think that at this point in time i could only fork out arround 2, so it would just be rude of me to ask for that much. really, i just want to learn how work on my cars through this one. (and perhaps learn how to make a "monstermark" by the time i get a second gen this next winter or next summer. :p

oh dont worry, i will...i smell a bunch of mods comming on her, actually the first thing would be...how many keys does it have? 2, or 3 (one doors, one ignition...one trunk?) we couldnt get the trunk to open with the two keys we had on hand.

MrWilson said:
oh dont worry, i will...i smell a bunch of mods comming on her, actually the first thing would be...how many keys does it have? 2, or 3 (one doors, one ignition...one trunk?) we couldnt get the trunk to open with the two keys we had on hand.

gms always only had 2 keys,the square is the ignition, the round is doors glove box and trunk, maybe someone changed the trunk lock or its broke...maybe theres sumthin in there...like a dead body, or sumthin cool like money....a lot of money!!!!anyway try the trunk release in the glovebox :Beer

Members online

Back