Another meth injection thread.

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So down the road I am planning on adding meth injection to my blower for when I step it up to 9 or 12 psi sice I cant have an air to air intercooler on the car.
I understand how it works and need to learn about proper setup though. I was wondering if it would be better to inject before the blower or do it afterwards and spray into the open house plenum after the blower? Seems after would make a bigger difference and also keeps me from spraying water into the screws on the blower.
Any thoughts?

On my set up, its set up to go in after the blower and before the throttle body.... I haven't installed the meth kit yet tho

You do not want to be blowing water or any other liquid through the impellers of your blower.

Water/Meth cooling works in two ways, it cools the air in the intake charge and it pulls heat out with the exhaust. It also slows down the flame front and by adding between 10 to 30 octane to the fuel mixture in your cylinder, makes detonation nearly an impossibility.

The methanol evaporates almost instantly upon atomization which is where the intake charge cooling comes from, and why half the mix is methanol. Typically it will lower intake charges by 75 degrees, and yes it is possible to form ice on your intake tube at the *end* of the dragstrip. I have no idea how much boost you are running but typically 7-9 psi adds about 100 degrees to the intake charge, so you will be coming out with a 25 degree difference there, but that's ok...

You'll not detonate because the vaporized methanol drives up your octane insanely and...

When the water gets into your cylinders and the fuel mixture fires, the atomized water converts instantly to steam. This slows down the flame front and also cushions the explosion impulse considerably. The conversion to steam is an endothermic reaction, meaning it absorbs heat which then gets moved right out your tailpipe, to the tune of around 200 degrees in each cylinder.

Every boosted car on the road should have a water/meth system. The reason they do not is because people do not understand it. Personally that baffles me since this technology was invented and proven in WWII and by the end of the war was used by every fighter and bomber in the air.

I know that's a lot of information but I wanted to make sure you understand why you don't need to spray it before your blower. Snow Performance says it does not need to be more than 2 or 3 inches away from your throttle body, personally I have mine immediately after the MAF to get the longest time possible to mix with the intake charge.

If you blow any liquid mixture into the intake before your blower, you will do damage to the impellers.

Sorry for writing an entire missive on the topic!

He's running a Whipple.... There isn't any way he can spray after the blower...

Us turbo guys have sprayed directly into the impeller for years without erosion. (SVO/Turbo Coupe)

Personally, I'd look into running E85.

He's running a Whipple.... There isn't any way he can spray after the blower...

Us turbo guys have sprayed directly into the impeller for years without erosion. (SVO/Turbo Coupe)

Personally, I'd look into running E85.
KB not Whip. But I can drill and tap the plenum to put injection nozzels directly below the blowers output.

Thanks Infrac for the info! Can never have too much info. :)

Okay... Yeah, I mixed up which you had. Didn't know the KB's had that provision. Cool.

I decided on just going with E85 in the SVO, since I plan to turn it up to 24ish lbs..

I still need to procure some 120ld injectors yet. Everything else is in place.

Yeah I was thinking of putting the nozzel where the red dot is.

I am also debating if I want to keep the IMRC's or stuck them open or find some delete plates. I understand its better not to have them with a blower and as long as in the tune I can disable the MIL then its cool.

5-1.jpg

I'm from the meth capital of the US. I really thought the thread was going to be about something completely different.

If you blow any liquid mixture into the intake before your blower, you will do damage to the impellers.

My brother has been spraying methanol through Vortech blower for few years, it works great , never had any problems.

Members online

No members online now.
Back