another intake question

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have seen a cobra intake for sale on e bay it ends tommorrow and is at 61 bucks i may be able to get it cheap, so here it is , guys remind me of the swap and what it entails and what i need to get it done. i couldnt find the threads here, tell me before i bid, thanks guys. :Beer :Beer :Beer

they don't match up to the heads correctly and need an adapter. From what I've heard, there's not enough of a significant gain to go through the hassle, especially on a Gen1.

:I

I don't know about the head matching, but I don't think you'll gain much for the effort on a Gen1(unless you plan on a supercharger). Gen2 is a different story.

It'll suprise me if the intake goes for that money. Every time I bid on something for a good price, someone comes in the last minute and shoots the price well beyond what I'm willing. But, every once in a while...

why the difference between gen 1 and 2. I thought the engine was the same for the most part. I have a gen 2 and would also like to know the best way to install a cold air intake....i guess buying 1 for a 97 cobra won't bolt strait on? any info is cool

This is the bad boy I'm waiting to come out for my 2nd Gen. This single plane setup is absolutely perfect if you want to add a blower. I'm waiting for some real dyno numbers before leaping though. Some of us might want to join in on a group buy with a couple of other boards to lessen the pain. I understand the timetable puts it out only about 2 months. Now that's what I'm talking about.

YZ-OW1tba34.jpeg

MonsterMark said:
This is the bad boy I'm waiting to come out for my 2nd Gen. This single plane setup is absolutely perfect if you want to add a blower. I'm waiting for some real dyno numbers before leaping though. Some of us might want to join in on a group buy with a couple of other boards to lessen the pain. I understand the timetable puts it out only about 2 months. Now that's what I'm talking about.

lucky gen2 guys dam thing is set for the 99 and up cobra and 97 and up mk8 blocks, but

I am leaning more towards these ones....the only bad thing the one I like the most is the most expensive, and is only conducive to a N/A motor........

intake.jpg

intake1.jpg

cammerintake.jpg

driller said:
Don't forget the hood! :eek2:

Already in the making JP.......it is gonna be a Cobra 'R' with a twist......lol.....more on that one when it is complete, and I have it in my possession..... :Beer

MonsterMark said:

They already have the prototype installed on an engine, but the bad thing is that we will have to have different heads to use that intake. They set it up for 99+ heads, not our 'B' heads (96-98). But they have flow numbers on them as well.....Here is the link to the site that has the flow numbers on it.....they look good. I may have to start looking into them.

The one they tested is for the 5.4, but they (Sullivan Performance) said that they are developing one for the 4.6 too......

I guess I should have scrolled down a bit....I see you are a member there as well......never mind.....LOL! :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back