another HID kit question (DDM Tuning)

ESP J

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i tried looking and cant find anything pertaining to the LS , everything i find is about the Mark cars

so my headlight went out and , even thought i said i wasnt gonna add anything else to my car , i really would like some HIDs,my vision sucks at night and the regular halogen bulbs dont help much , so browsing around i came upon the DDMTuning kits, im hoping someone here has experience with them,

i know i want HIDs but quite frankly i dont know what the heck im looking for when it comes to the kit, are they easy to install?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

or if all else fails what would yall recommend ?

as always i appreciate yalls help

i currently have 5000k lows and 3000k fogs from them , easy to install

yes they are

Okay, I guess when you say your vision sucks at night, you mean you physically and not the car?

If that's the case, I feel for you. That's a problem we share. I have been lucky because adjusting my lights for "ME" and still keeping them from bothering other drivers has worked in my case. I still have the original bulbs in mine and I know they have to be dim by now.

yes me physically , im blind as a bat , but sometimes more than i want i have to drive at night

so now my question is as follows

when ordering the kit do i need the following?

HID Harness
Error Eliminator
Adaptor cables

and also bulb type, im confused do i get the H11 or the 9005?

thanks guys

depends what year you have, 1 gen use 9006 i believe and 2 gen are h11 in the lows, get the kit and relay harness so your lights wont flicker , other than that it is plug n play

I put pics of 5000k low beams and 3000k fogs just in case you wanted to know what they look like

20131224_110811.jpg

20131224_110757.jpg

20131224_110820.jpg

20131224_110931.jpg

yes me physically , im blind as a bat , but sometimes more than i want i have to drive at night

so now my question is as follows

when ordering the kit do i need the following?

Hid harness
error eliminator
adaptor cables

and also bulb type, im confused do i get the h11 or the 9005?

Thanks guys
Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: H11
High Beam Headlight Bulb Size: 9005
Just buy the H11 kit with the ballast and make sure you get the 55 watts is better.. I dont think you need the error eliminator and adapter cables.
Unless you have OEM HID's you will need D2R Bulb which im more than sure you dont.

depends what year you have, 1 gen use 9006 i believe and 2 gen are h11 in the lows, get the kit and relay harness so your lights wont flicker , other than that it is plug n play

I put pics of 5000k low beams and 3000k fogs just in case you wanted to know what they look like

I am liking the way those fogs are looking.

thanks ima fan too haha, 3000k at night look really good especially on a pearl white car

I was thinking of getting the 55 watt ones for my LS I've always ordered the 35 watt ones before from DDM but heard the 55's get hot and was worried I would ruin my new headlight assemblies has anyone used the 55 watt ones

many people use 55 watt HID bulbs with no problem but 35 watt is sufficient trust me

still waiting for mine to come in, im excited

many people use 55 watt HID bulbs with no problem but 35 watt is sufficient trust me

Ive used DDM HID kits on 2 of my cars and like 4 friends and relatives cars and always used the 35W ones so I def know how bright they r was just curious about the 55W. Just hate the long shipping time almost 2 weeks to receive product but they def back up there stuff had a ballast go after 2 years and sent it in and they send me out a new one no problems

can only wear one pair of glasses at a time , dont wanna have inception of glasses going on here, but thanks

Just a few things. Now granted these are all just my opinions, but I'm telling you what I've learned.
You're going to have glare in a halogen housing, no way around it. I ran HIDs in a halogen housing (gen 1 and gen 2) and just adjusted them a bit and never got flashed.
You only need HIDs for the lows and fogs. High beams are a waste and dangerous. The lights take a few second to 'warm up' when you switch from low to high leaving you with little to no light for that time.
Also you don't need anything other than the HID kit itself. If you want the relay buy it, if not don't worry about it. I haven't ran one in any vehicle I've installed them and have always had good luck. Pro tip; turn auto headlights off to stop them from flickering and trying to fire when you start the car.
As far as 35W vs 55W stick with 35W, I've ran them both. The 35W is more than bright enough in the 4300K-5000K range. The 55W is a little warmer kit and your color tends to 'wash out' meaning a 5000K kit will look like a 4300K one, plus it creates more glare.

so you can just replace the halogen bulbs with one of these kits? nothing else necessary? how big of an issue is glare for oncoming traffic?

pretty much , glare isnt an issue as you can see in my photos, I adjusted the beam lower just in case , I can see better and I dont blind anyone

High beams are a waste and dangerous. The lights take a few second to 'warm up' when you switch from low to high leaving you with little to no light for that time.

just a note, this does not apply to 2nd gen cars, since the low beam never shuts off any time the brights are on, there is never any time with low/no light output. it still does take a little while longer to get full output, but it does take the dangerous part out.

OK since were in the hid topic I just ordered a set of new clear lens headlights with UHP Led halos preinstalled someone was saying I shouldn't install HID's in them cus the heat generated them may damage the halos now I've seem many pics of members vehicles with both halos and hid's is there any truth to this cus these lights were almost 500 bucks don't wanna run the risk of ruining them by installing my new 5000k 35watt hid kit I got from DDM. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

OK since were in the hid topic I just ordered a set of new clear lens headlights with UHP Led halos preinstalled someone was saying I shouldn't install HID's in them cus the heat generated them may damage the halos now I've seem many pics of members vehicles with both halos and hid's is there any truth to this cus these lights were almost 500 bucks don't wanna run the risk of ruining them by installing my new 5000k 35watt hid kit I got from DDM. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

where'd you buy them from?

lights came in right before i had to go to work, im excited tommorow install woot woot

Members online

Back