Another 05 lincoln ls v8 3.9 overheating

Indo93

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello new to the site, decided to make an account need help from tx. Ok start off. My 05 Lincoln ls v8 has been having over heating issues past 3 weeks just recent happend out of no where,i have a leak of coolant from the left side of tire underneath (driver side), it starts to bubble up in degas, and housing resivoir but no leaks near water pump or housing, it over heats in city & sometimes highway mostly city i drive (Arlington,tx) it does NOT at all over heat if i have the car running with the heater on full blast (heat is real hot)stays at mid of c and h but with ac on or off it starts to over heat? Any suggestions?. i changed the tstat, and water pump. Now (thinking the fan) and still over heating, i had a friend tried to flush the system for 20mins thru the bleeding valve. (Not sure if did it right) or maybe the coolant? Used the 50/50 mix green, plz help any info greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20170517-001430.png

Screenshot_20170311-130300.png

Okay thanks, yeah im at the shop right now ( jus hoping its the bleed procedure) i might of did wrong. But can the wrong bleed procedure cause to over heat? Still.

Thanks

Yes, it can. However, all this started because of a degraded plastic cooling system part. They all degrade at pretty much the same rate. Replace them all now, or one at a time every week for the next few months. Maybe you won't do engine damage before you've gotten to all of them.

Thank you joegr, i went and got my coolant flushed and air out of systems and put in required coolant (the gold) and replaced resivoir cap (service pros in Arlington), now im rolling good again with A.c and temp stays in mid range . No overheating. So next be best to change out plastic parts?

Listen to joegr here, I had the exact same problems recently and figured I'd just change the faulty part. My issue was that the thermostat housing broke inside messing up the thermostat. I changed the housing, was good for a few weeks. Then the plastic pipe from the block to the t-stat housing went. Changed it, drove for a few days and had a coolant leak under the left side like you. It was the degas bottle. I really couldn't believe that all parts needed to be changed, but they do and there's no way around it. If you search this forum you will find dozens of people who have the same issues. It's the same thing almost every time. When you remove the bottle you'll see small fractures. It's a really shitty job, so just replace it. You don't want to do it twice. Also, I can't stress how important it is to follow the bleed procedure EXACTLY how it is written.

I have NOT changed the rubber hoses, because in Canada they're a fortune, but you'll likely see me back here in a few weeks posting that I did lol.

When you change one bad part with a new one, it seems like the pressure just pops something else. It's all weak and needs to be replaced. RockAuto is your friend! I don't plan on keeping these cars any more than a year or two so I went with cheap doorman parts. People here may argue that you should go ford, but the cost isn't practical for me (even though you end up paying one way or another.) I can guarantee you that Motorcraft parts are better than any after market for what it's worth.

Good luck.

Also, the fact that you had air in the system and leaking coolant means you more than likely have a leak in the bottle. It is a pressurized closed loop, there should be no leaks unless something is wrong.

Thank you seapro, & Joegr y'all been real helpful to the new guy an ls owner here that i am. Im currently still saving for the parts Joegr have told me to replace!

Haven't been riding my car much lately unless I need to (It's still good thank god) haven't had any leaks or overheating since bleeding the system at the shop, but just trying to save up for all those parts before I start to really drive it around.

Yea I noticed/read how mAny forums there was on this car on the overheating problem (even before I bought the car). But the deal an look of the car was jus to hard to pass on, and always wanted this model so hey im here now lol.

& rockauto good site for parts ?

Thanks again y'all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back