annother please help thread

zmt325

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1993 mark and recently the horn and cruise control stopped working. Every once in a blue moon they will work.
I do not know where to start looking. I didn't think there were clock spring problems in the first gens, but what the hell do I know. (not a lot)any guesses will be appreciated.

p.s. it is my 30th bday today :shifty: bye bye 20's

I have a 1993 mark and recently the horn and cruise control stopped working. Every once in a blue moon they will work.
I do not know where to start looking. I didn't think there were clock spring problems in the first gens, but what the hell do I know. (not a lot)any guesses will be appreciated.

p.s. it is my 30th bday today :shifty: bye bye 20's

there is a safety recall on the cruise control...horn not sure...I have a gen 1 shop manual that I have lent out but should be getting back tomorrow I can look it up.

What I used to do to help diag is hold down the horn and turn the steering wheel lock to lock, see if the horn cuts in and out.

What I used to do to help diag is hold down the horn and turn the steering wheel lock to lock, see if the horn cuts in and out.

did that and got a split second of horn1x on full left lock

have the front end apart now. putting strut rod to sub-frame bushings on. every other part on the front end is less than 10k mi. all moge :D

anyone know of a good wright up on the clock spring replacement. i do know how to use the search function. I just do not have time right now. if someone has it bookmarked that would be loads of help!!! TYVM

Just a FYI your 30's are the best time in life. You have the smarts and are making good money now and your body is in great shape. Wait till the 40's and all that changes. So what i'm telling you is run the c r a p out of your body for next 10 years and DO STUFF. Oh happy bB-day:D

Just a FYI your 30's are the best time in life. You have the smarts and are making good money now and your body is in great shape. Wait till the 40's and all that changes. So what i'm telling you is run the c r a p out of your body for next 10 years and DO STUFF. Oh happy bB-day:D

thanks man I will.that is what all my 40+ friends have been telling me. they have also been telling me it is lime to start taking care of myself. I have been reading a lot about super foods and raw organic foods I am 6 ft 5 and 320 lbs time to drop a few. I want my body to hold up as long as possible. up until 25 i would eat, drink, smoke, snort, screw and do anything. now I know I am not going to live for ever. i want to prolong the inevitable for as long as possible.

luckily i am not married and have no kids so I did something right I have a Sam Kinison out look on marriage. FUUUUUUUUCK THAAAAAAT

speak for yourself RTM. When I hit 40 I started reverse aging lol...happy birthday zmt325

Yes ,I have noticed your turning into a child!! LOL :D

dude turning 40 for a guy is about as good as it gets...you are young enough to do it but smart enough not to...you can date a woman your age daughter or date a young chicks hot mama...and the best thing you have the money to do the things you wanted to do to your car when you were 18 and couldn't....when I turned 40 it was a month long celebration that this town will never forget.

I'm hitting 54 soon but many of my clients swear I look late 30's early 40's (esp when I haven't been crawling around the car all weekend. While I sure the hell don't want to live forever, I concur with you that I don't want to be a beat up wreck on life support for decades. Look into LEF.org, get the LEF mix caps or tabs, CO-Q10, and start any good variety of omega3. If you can time your annual membership for discount pricing with their "supersale" pricing that starts sometime in November thru Jan, you'll save a fortune. I can swear by the quality (and price when discounted). Almost all initial releases of research backed supplements originate from this place. Like most supplement resources, the more you read the more you think you need to take a hundred different things but not so. Be sure to use sunscreen or some lotion daily if you don't want your nose, ears, etc. carved away due to skin cancer. LEF is run by physician group out of Ft Lauderdale so you can even get blood work orders drawn in your own hometown (and keep out of health insurance records if that's a concern) as well as pharmacy orders if you do have prescription meds. No, I don't own stock in them...
In regards to your next post regarding the vcrm, I went crazy diagnosing that piece of crap in my old 95 Mark8. Lincoln said they stopped making them so I ordered from a junk yard. It was a few years ago but I do remember (in my old age) that the serial numbers were important as well as minor variation in connectors, I got 1-2 wrong units until finally getting one out of Az. A lot of these places will swear their stock will work w/o knowing crap about them so try to get a return guarantee. The alternative to replacing the unit is running new wiring to fan and ac switch to bypass the vcrm but the fan may end up running all the time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back