angel eyes

stallone 81

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone picked up the ball for the angel eye installs on gen1s i wanna get it done and dont wanna deal with the headache cuz i attempted before and cant get rid of the moisture in my headlight not matter what i do /:

good question. Someone should pick this job up lol. After the first couple of sets, youll be making easy $100 per set.

Moisture inside was my biggest concern when i did mine, so i overused the crap out of the RTV silicone. I didn't care how messy it looked because it would be covered by the hood lol

Soop, maybe make a thread, which may become a sticky, that gives a step by step tutorial on how to successfully complete the modification?

Gen 1. If there is an lsk write up, I may have overlooked it.

Heating and pulling apart is pretty much a pain, to be honest better off cutting and gluing back together.. Just from experience I have done it both ways and if you heat and pull apart yeah its not bad, but when you have to reassemble them its redic.. the glue doesnt want to go back into the tight space it came from and the little clips around the whole headlight are pretty tough to get back tight..

Might be easier for some that way but in my opinion I would def cut and reglue... and when I mean cut I mean use a dremmel like Alax did in his video. It's really not that tough opening and placing the eyes in, just resealing is a beeeotch.

So These lights cant be cooked to get the glue to soften up or what. I took my headlights apart on my SVT Contour. All i had to do was put them in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, and they come right apart

So These lights cant be cooked to get the glue to soften up or what. I took my headlights apart on my SVT Contour. All i had to do was put them in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, and they come right apart

If the headlights have black sealant they have to be cut apart. Only some of the first gens that have grey sealant can be baked apart.

As for the moisture.... Mine leaked when I bought it, after my angel eye install it went away for a while, but would come back after rain etc.... I tried re sealing and rebacking multiple times, but could never get it... It wasn't until I did my headlight restore, and lens sealant that it went away.... I imagine I had hairline cracks in the lens I couldn't see.

When I cleared mine I had them in for 10 min on 250 and as soon as I got them separated I used a flat head and cleared out the pocket of the grey keeping it as smooth as I could. I then put them back in on 250 for 3 min, filled the pockets with black RTV and strapped the housing together and left it like that for an hour....been a year now and have not had any moister build up......

I should have did the angle eyes while I had them open......

I bet.. just dont need POS people like you on this site. People like you push the good member's that actually have good input away.. Keep trying to rip people off buddy it will get you so far in life. I dont care if you PM'd me or not I just deleted it, there is no point of reading your story.. Everyone here already knows your a shady POS just accept it.

That's all I have to say and you wont hear another thing about Jvip from me since I didn't get a chance to throw my fuel on the fire because rollin locked it too fast lol.

Anyways I just put a set of eyes in my headlights tonight ill post pics later. Gen 2 headlights btw

78431_cool_story_bro.jpg

If only it was any of your business

Members online

Back