Angel eyes

SurfjaxLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Tell me what you think, as well as a low beam suggestion to match the dde kit. I prefer the look of 2 rings over 4, it makes people wonder what car it is because 2 rings aren't found on bmw or most other angel eye conversions. The halos are meant for night and dawn/dusk use, and not visible during full sun.

eyes.JPG

eyes light.JPG

Looks Good to me.
Its different, but at night you wouldn't really be able to tell you didn't have four unless you were driving around with your headlights off, would you?

Did you do them yourself?
Did you have to take the headlights apart?

Did it all myself. It wasn't hard at all, thanks to the help of eL eS and quik LS. Got the idea of using electroluminescent wire from a company in england. The cost of LED rings without the problems.

SurfjaxLS said:
Got the idea of using electroluminescent wire from a company in england. The cost of LED rings without the problems.

Oh Come on. You knew you were going to have to expand on the electrowatchamacallit wire when you wrote that thread. So spit it out.
:GotPics:

What is it? Where did you get it? How Much? How does it work? What are the bennifits?

I used 2 strands of high brightness white wrapped together from http://shopping.netsuite.com/coolight . I put it inside a .25" ID, .375" OD acrylic tube bent around a barrell of quaker oatmeal. You have to buy at least one inverter to power the wire, and solder everything together. I spent $25 at the coolight store, and $15 at a local plastics manufacturer for the tube.

Benefits include higher heat tolerance than leds, especially when inside a sealed tube. However, the expected life for the wire is only 2000-6000 hours. The white wire has a pink coating around it, so it gives off a true white with either a hint of blue or pink, depending on the time of day. Also, the wire doesn't require a return, so only a strand of speaker wire runs in, and nothing runs out.

$40 bucks a little creativity go a long way.

The wire works by carrying a frequency, current, and voltage from the inverter. Higher frequency means less life. The inverter does emmit a sound, like a humm, but it can't be heard with the car on.

That is a pretty good and cheap idea. I think I might have to try it.

If you have any tips let me know.

Thanks for the info. :wave

Members online

No members online now.
Back