Angel Eyes

fordfanatic69

LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to know how to do the angel eyes. I would like for them to look as close to perfect as possible. If anyone knows please let me know.

On my website I sell the Predator Angel Eye Installation kits from Umnitza. They are the best CCFL rings on the market today. When purchasing the kit I provide a link to our full install guide that is password protected. The install is fairly simple as long as you have the correct headlights to use.

What is an Angel Eye? Does it replace the bulbs in the headlights or work in conjunction with the existing headlight?

Ever see a BMW w/ a ring that is lite around the headlight? That is what an angel eye is, more of a halo around the headlamps. You can make 'em to work when your lights are on or have a switch so you can turn 'em on whenever.

Beamer said:
You can make 'em to work when your lights are on or have a switch so you can turn 'em on whenever.

Good point...Ken...when are the halos illuminated with the kit you sell?

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Good point...Ken...when are the halos illuminated with the kit you sell?
Anyway you want. In the instructions we recommend just tapping into the turn signal lights. However, the Predator kit comes with a wiring harness for use as a switch inside the car. That is if you want to have a switch dedicated just for the angel eyes then you can use it.

Thanks for the 411. Thought thats what they were but wasn't 100% sure. I'm getting up to speed. Can the angel eye product be installed on a 2003 w/ the HID factory option?

Bonemachine said:
Thanks for the 411. Thought thats what they were but wasn't 100% sure. I'm getting up to speed. Can the angel eye product be installed on a 2003 w/ the HID factory option?
Angel eyes can not be installed in the 03 and up headlights very easily. First of all the headlights do not come apart very easily. You would end up destroying the headlight. Next the issue is the different size bezels inside the headlights. The 03 and up headlights just aren't that easy to work with when it comes to angel eyes.

I often drive with my parking lights and fogs on, headlights off. Would this still activate the halos? If not, would it be pretty easy to make this adjustment?

You said the instructions recommend people tap into the turn signals, does that mean the turn signal lever is the "on/off" switch or am I missing the boat on this one?

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
I often drive with my parking lights and fogs on, headlights off. Would this still activate the halos? If not, would it be pretty easy to make this adjustment?

You said the instructions recommend people tap into the turn signals, does that mean the turn signal lever is the "on/off" switch or am I missing the boat on this one?

I am assuming that he is saying that you are just taping into the power source not the switch itself. But, I may be wrong. The angel eyes are new to me too.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:

There are three wires going to the turn signal connector. One is a power source, one is the turn signal and the other one is the parking lamp. You tap into the parking lamp wire so when you turn on your parking lamps the angel eyes come on.

i heard that ccfl mess up or break in cold weather. i have ccfl angel eyes installed and now 2 only work(both foglights

Friday said:
i heard that ccfl mess up or break in cold weather. i have ccfl angel eyes installed and now 2 only work(both foglights
They don't break in cold weather but they take quite some time to get heated up. CCFL doesn't work very well in cold climates below 32 degrees. It isn't the ballast but the rings themselves. However, once the temperature inside the light housing gets above freezing they'll work. No one makes a CCFL kit that works in real cold climates.

interesting, so if i kept the ccfl off during the winter would it affect it even more or even permanently?

chr0me said:
interesting, so if i kept the ccfl off during the winter would it affect it even more or even permanently?
It won't hurt it either way. I would just leave them on.

GrayGhost1 said:
There are three wires going to the turn signal connector. One is a power source, one is the turn signal and the other one is the parking lamp. You tap into the parking lamp wire so when you turn on your parking lamps the angel eyes come on.
Perfect...exactly what I wanted to hear....hehehe...

I heard that I have to check to see what color sealant my headlights have to have in order to know if i can use the ANGEL EYE Kit. Where do i look to see this sealant n e pics would be appreciated.

There are three small square holes on the top of the headlight. Within those holes you can typically see the sealant coming out.

So what color does it have to have in order to know if i can use the Angel Eye Kit?????? Pics N E One?????

daves2000ls said:
is it possible to tap into the foglight power source
You can tap into the fog lights if you like. It wouldn't be any different than the parking lights.

I currently own a 2001 LS n I'm lookin to get the angel eyes for da headlights n HID's for da fog light. What is my best option out there for a reasonable price?

Members online

Back