Angel Eyes, what did you get and what fit?

hockey930

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
This thread seems stupid as there are many threads out there about angel eyes. However I saw one thread that said they ordered some E46 angel eyes on ebay. I went ahead and ordered the E46 angel eyes. When I tried to installed them I found out 2 things.
1. The 2 rings are diffrent sizes
2. Even the small ring seems a tiny bit to small to fit
So my question for people that actualy have angel eyes that work, what ones did you get and where did you get them from?
thanks
Eamonn

I just did my angel eyes two days ago. They came out great. I got the rings from ebay. Search ebay for "BMW E39/E65/E66/M5/540/745 CCFL OEM Angel Eyes UPGRADE". I got mine for 73.01 shipped and they fit great. Hope you have better luck!

Eamonn,

I'll be selling the Umnitza Predator Angel Eye kit next week. I will no longer sell the angel eye headlights but will sell a DIY kit. You can preview it here:

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=149&osCsid=7e4443f4a3ec3fc6453460746ba70715

I will be selling them for $179 with installation instructions specifically for the Lincoln LS. I have been testing these for well over a year in my LS and it is absolutely the best product on the market today. The stuff you see on eBay does not hold a candle to the Umnitza kit.

boxfront.sized.jpg

boxrear.sized.jpg

I used the e46 angel eyes but I used the ones for a 00-03 I think they are 106mm wide. What I did was I just let it seat itself in the reflector then, I epoxy'ed it in place it turned out fine

console pics 024.JPE

GrayGhost1 said:
Eamonn,

I'll be selling the Umnitza Predator Angel Eye kit next week. I will no longer sell the angel eye headlights but will sell a DIY kit. You can preview it here:

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=149&osCsid=7e4443f4a3ec3fc6453460746ba70715

I will be selling them for $179 with installation instructions specifically for the Lincoln LS. I have been testing these for well over a year in my LS and it is absolutely the best product on the market today. The stuff you see on eBay does not hold a candle to the Umnitza kit.

boxfront.sized.jpg

boxrear.sized.jpg

What, no more kits? Why is that Ken?

I used E-46's on many sets of angel eyes including my own. The best fit is probably the E-39's by far.

I mistyped something, even the small ring is to LARGE to fit. I don't realy have $200 to throw down on anel eyes right now, so a cheap ebay solution is going to have to do for now.
Eamonn

hockey930 said:
I mistyped something, even the small ring is to LARGE to fit. I don't realy have $200 to throw down on anel eyes right now, so a cheap ebay solution is going to have to do for now.
Eamonn

I have e-46 rings on my car right now. How are they to big? Just because they don't fit like you see everyone elses fitting doesn't mean they don't fit.
I personally don't like the angel eye to look smaller than the head light reflector.

ltnate3 said:
What, no more kits? Why is that Ken?
I have the kits but I won't be selling the complete headlight assemblies with the angel eyes. Used headlights that are in good shape are getting hard to come by. I can install a set of the Predator rings into a set of headlights you provide but I haven't determined the price on that yet.

1 ring on each side was so big that it sat totaly on the outside of the chrome reflector. I thought that was fine, however when I went to put on the cover I realized the black plastic piece from the headlight was covering up a good portion of the angel eye it's self. 01lssport, do you have pics of the way yours sat on the reflector? I can get pics of mine tonight.
Eamonn

as u can see from the pics, my rings are too big, but i personally like how its not a full circle. the black thing covered up a little of the light and i think it looks real good,

16.jpg

Just remember that all E46 BMW headlights have one bezel bigger than the other. You may not be able to use the E46 kits you see on eBay. The new Predator kits I'll be selling are a perfect size for the LS headlights.

These are the pics of my light. The larger of the angel eyes is on the right hand side. Some of the pics have the black plastic over the top and some do not. As far as I can tell the black plastic covers up about 80% of the angel eye. The angel eye seems to sit ontop of the reflector rather then in it. What do you guys think?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

This is how I lined them up, put the CCFL rings on the chrome reflectors. I then put the black bezel on the light without the lens. I lined up the rings so they matched up with the bezel opening (so you can see most of the CCFL ring and there centered in the bezel). Mark the rings position on the chrome reflector with a marker. Take the black bezel off. Epoxied the rings on to the chrome reflector in the marked position. Repeat to the other side.

In these 3 pics I am holding the Angel eye centered behind the bezzel. I can hardly see it and don't know what to do. Any idea's?
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Those are too big. The angel eye ring should fit INSIDE the chrome bezel NOT on the outsid of it. Of course, on the high beam side the top of the angel eye rings will be on the outside since they'll be tallker than the bezel but the rings should fit on the inside of the low beam chrome bezel.

Do ike quikls did and mount them on the outsid of the black bezel, maybe he will chime in and show you a pic of his install.

hockey930 said:
In these 3 pics I am holding the Angel eye centered behind the bezzel. I can hardly see it and don't know what to do. Any idea's?
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I use a pair of E36 rings.

I glue them to the outside ring of the black bezel. they look perfect IMHO.

eyes-day.jpg

eyes-night.jpg

^^^^^^
I say that is the hotest pics every of any LS Damn Quick I still Love that Carbon Fiber Chin Lip.......I want your car!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the photochop!!!

Ken,

Are the Predator eyes brighter than the two sets I got from you earlier? With the new 2003 headlamps coming in, I'd like to fit the brighter ones in.

jgfish97 said:
Ken,

Are the Predator eyes brighter than the two sets I got from you earlier? With the new 2003 headlamps coming in, I'd like to fit the brighter ones in.
They are not necessarily brighter but they have a backing on the ring that allows the ring to be more focused forward than reflecting off of the back of the housing. It will show a more distinct ring than previous models.

Ok. Well, sign me up when you can. You know I'm a faithful customer. ;)

GrayGhost1 said:
I have the kits but I won't be selling the complete headlight assemblies with the angel eyes. Used headlights that are in good shape are getting hard to come by. I can install a set of the Predator rings into a set of headlights you provide but I haven't determined the price on that yet.

I'm not sure how hard this is but I will be interested in you doing this whatever the price may be.

Members online

No members online now.
Back