Angel Eye Headlights OR HID Lights??

GrayGhost1, would you happen to have a pic of the Auburn Red metallic bezel Halo's installed on an Auburn Red car?? My fiancee wants to get the Halo's but we're undecided on whether to go with the painted or unpainted bezel, so I thought I'd see if you had any pics to help push things along.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
are those leds?
Yes. Those were the first generation angel eyes. That picture was taken about 2 years ago. I've since upgraded those headlights to the CCFL for that particular customer.

mholhut said:
I should clarify...

Ken's stuff is top notch gear... always has been, always will be quality. With that, he makes sure that the headlights you get are as close to brand new as possible. Ken has the bezel's professionally painted and his installs are perfect... guaranteed. I bought a spare set of headlights off ebay and they did show some wear and tear... but so did the rest of my LS that's 5 years old with 100K miles. That's why I went the route I did. Had I had the money and wanted a perfect 100% perfect job and didn't want to mess around with it, I would've bought a set from Ken.

Man, is that a suck-up post or what?! :D
You're too kind Mike! However, it was unnecessary for sure! How are your CCFL's holding up?

Fastbird said:
GrayGhost1, would you happen to have a pic of the Auburn Red metallic bezel Halo's installed on an Auburn Red car?? My fiancee wants to get the Halo's but we're undecided on whether to go with the painted or unpainted bezel, so I thought I'd see if you had any pics to help push things along.
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the the headlights installed in a car. I ask customers for pictures once they have them installed but I haven't received any pictures. I have a gallery set up on my website for customer photos but I'm waiting on pics.

ohioLS said:
Oh my lord Ken I am in once you get the side marker clear lenses in! Woof I cant wait to have those and some angels eyes painted to our infamous TV code. God those look nice!

-Scott-
Scott,

Here's my painted TV bezels with clear corner lens and the first generation clear turn signal lens:

paintedbezel.jpg

GrayGhost1 said:
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the the headlights installed in a car. I ask customers for pictures once they have them installed but I haven't received any pictures. I have a gallery set up on my website for customer photos but I'm waiting on pics.

Hmmmm......maybe we'll have to be the test bed for the Auburn Red painted bezel photos.

About the clear turn signals, I assume you have to use an amber colored bulb in that, correct?

Fastbird said:
Hmmmm......maybe we'll have to be the test bed for the Auburn Red painted bezel photos.

About the clear turn signals, I assume you have to use an amber colored bulb in that, correct?

Sylvania makes a bulb that looks silver but when illuminated appears amber so ti makes for a very nice clean silver look.

Fastbird said:

Yes. You would have to use an amber bulb. However, I'd recommend using a chrome amber bulb or the Sylvania Silverstar Signal Lighting. That's what I use currently. If you use an amber bulb you'll get that egg yolk look.

GrayGhost1 said:
Yes. You would have to use an amber bulb. However, I'd recommend using a chrome amber bulb or the Sylvania Silverstar Signal Lighting. That's what I use currently. If you use an amber bulb you'll get that egg yolk look.

Yeah, DON'T want the egg yolk look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back