And The Blizzard Is On

cannons_custom

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Figured might as well get some pictures of the LS's in the snow now that it just dumped in the midwest.

The Superduty and The LS
100_0529.gif

100_0528.gif

100_0525.gif

That LS would kick the sh!t outta that superduty in that snow! :D

just look how intimidating it is!

Haha yeah found out that wasn't true today. :) My car does nothing but spin in the snow or kick on the traction control. Probably gonna wait until they get the roads plowed to get the car back on the road.

Poor ls. Stick her in a nice warm garage. Those are some bright fogs by the way. HIDS?

That's the sad thing. No nice warm garage to put her in. No they are just some halogen bulbs. I don't remember the wattage on them. I like them alot compared to the stocks though.

Wonder why it missed us up here? I mean, if it's going to be cold (-17 right now with wind chill) we might as well have snow too.

Wonder why it missed us up here? I mean, if it's going to be cold (-17 right now with wind chill) we might as well have snow too.

I keep forgetting you aren't in the twin cities area. I was going to be stunned if River Falls got that much snow and Minneapolis a few miles west got nothing.

We've got 50mph wind today. I'll head out in a little bit and see how low the LS drag coefficient really is.

Yeah I'm about 200 miles north.

This is what it looks like outside right now:
IMG_8442-1.jpg

Doesn't look snowy, but it does look f-ing cold! Done any ice-fishing yet?

Nope, I live on a lake though. Ice ain't thick enough yet.

It's 10 degrees here right now with the wind blowing pretty good. Got absolutely dumped on last night. Walked out to go to school this morning, not knowing that UW-River Falls was already closed down for the day.... And found my car looking like this:
100_0531.gif

Roads are not plowed worth a damn yet so i'm gonna stick with the truck today.

lol. Now THAT'S what it should look like here!

We got dumped on nice big drifts were I am at.
I am south of the TC area now.

It was a fun drive in today.

Ls looks like its needs a detail pete! ;)

yep. gonne do that tonight hopefully, then park it for the winter.

Did you pick up your mark from brandon yet?

Nope we are going to put the pump in tomorrow, and maybe the third member.
Then its going into the third stall.

I am bummin I just sold my bronco and moving into a rear wheel drive Nissan pickup.

Need some stinkin snow tires big time.

I bet. 2wd pickup on A/S + winter kinda sucks. There's a really nice early model bronco around here in excellent shape for sale right now. Looks to be a late 60's or early 70's (dunno for sure, but it's that body style). I've been REALLY tempted to check it out, but I don't need a third vehicle yet.

I have This in the works.
The shop in my sig is my brothers....trying to swing this deal looks like maybe a Denver road trip for me.

My car wouldnt even :q:q:q:qing move in the snow today! time to put it away till spring.

Nope, I live on a lake though. Ice ain't thick enough yet.

Which reminds me, I was at my brother in laws on Sunday and he decided to take his sled out on the lake, don't know which lake, its a small one... Ice was about 2-3 inches thick. He went for a run down the edge of the lake about 10 feet off shore, and came back.. asked if I wanted to take it for a run, I said "no I'll wait till next weekend since this weeks High temps are all below freezing so the ice should be thicker" he said okay and went for one more run, and as he was turning around on his second run it sounded like he ran out of gas. I walked out on the ice and looked for him. All I could see was his body from about chest up. I tried to get a picture of the sled in the water, it was actually floating for a bit, you could just barely see the windshield sticking up. We spent the next 3 hours winching his sled out..

On another note... We live in MinneSnowda, where the hell is the snow! I'm an hour west of the cities, and we have about as much as Pektel. sigh... I'm sure in a month or so I'll be bitching about the snow though... I did make the mistake of taking the LS to the cities yesterday, even the small amount of snow we did get made my hour drive home, pretty miserable.

It took me 3 tries to get up the driveway and into the garage.

blowing snow and 20 degrees here, winds are gusting to 45mph...so its freaking cold.

Pete, I was gonna ask, did the LSD make the LS drivable in the snow? I got stuck on flat ground in the LS last year....:mad:

I have 100 pounds of nitrous and 300 lbs of sand in the trunk, along with Dunlop snow tires all around.

Traction control off. Give me power.
No problem whatsoever in any conditions.

Members online

No members online now.
Back