AM HID Kits

97 Octane

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Who did you buy your aftermarket HID kit from?

I was looking for bulb color in the 4300K - 4700K range and McCulloch seems to pop up often when I did a search. Very popular among the VW, BMW and Nissan crowd.

But I would be perfectly content if the bulb color were 4500K. I'm not even interested with bulb colors beyond 4300K and 4700k range.

i've had good luck with DDM Tuning. we have several kits in several cars with few issues.

Ordered from amazon.com...
XENTEC 9005 6000K HID Slim Ballast HID Xenon Kit (HB3/9055/H12, Ultra White) offroad

Along with this...
9005 Relay Harness For Xenon HID Conversion Kit

There not blue!....bright white! Work every time, no problems here.

I've had a lot of good luck with DDM tuning. I believe they have recently changed suppliers though, so I can't say 100% for sure now. They might be the same, but the design of the ballast has changed since the first set I bought about 4 years ago. (Still working perfectly, by the way)

Let me know if you need some HID adapters. I've taken over supplying them in DLF's absence.

just looked at DDMs pricing. They just recently dropped their hid kits < $30 so thats who I'm going with. 2 sets of 4500k with digital ballasts.

The adapters are for gen 2 only?

The adapters are for when you replace factory HID's. Not applicable if you're replacing Halogen bulbs.

So, any Mark VIII with factory HID housings.

Members online

No members online now.
Back