Alternator Pic Link or help needed

Eldon is putting a 2" pulley on which is ~3.5:1

FWIW, the DB Electrical ones come with a small pulley but still did not operate properly. See below:
5177485370_657f63798a.jpg

My analysis back then showed the same behavior:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=70385

I think it has more to do with the PCM control than just the RPM, unless they modified/replaced the regulator to ignore the PCM control. Because once you put a little throttle into it (or the IAC has it idling high) the engine is making more power and thus can have the alternator loaded higher.

The only vaguely similar thing I can think of is 1 wire alternators. But those have a turn-on minimum RPM, usually around 1,000-ish. Once turned on, they don't turn off until the engine completely stops.

Fingers are crossed here! I hope it works out.

I too have a never installed DB. Heck of a pricey paper weight....LOL. Replacing the defective alternator Tuesday along with putting on a set of front rotors and a pair of Napa Ceramic pads.

Now I am thinking. I wonder what parts I could use from the DB inside of the used Motorcraft so that I have somewhat of a new alternator? The more I look at the DB, the more I need to figure out how to get some of my money back out of it.

Thoughts?

Was that cracked vent in the casing an install "mother F****" or a "piece of sh!!" removal after failure? I threw the original factory against a concrete wall after my first removal. It had similar broken fins like you do lol.

It's been an unbelievably annoying process, we will see.

Side note - I finally got a reply from Lou a few weeks back from a message I sent months ago about his HO setup....LS left the man, but the man never left the LS. He said he put in a DB electrical alt. Either he is mistaken, which I highly doubt, or he just lived with the idle annoyance, which may not have been so noticeable if he had the factory hydrolic fan setup.

All else fails, I'll get a return and purchase a Motorcraft at half the cost. Oddball - how's the factory unit holding up to your fan? Your pumping out the Gen II right?

FWIW, the DB Electrical ones come with a small pulley but still did not operate properly. See below:
5177485370_657f63798a.jpg

My analysis back then showed the same behavior:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=70385

I think it has more to do with the PCM control than just the RPM, unless they modified/replaced the regulator to ignore the PCM control. Because once you put a little throttle into it (or the IAC has it idling high) the engine is making more power and thus can have the alternator loaded higher.

The only vaguely similar thing I can think of is 1 wire alternators. But those have a turn-on minimum RPM, usually around 1,000-ish. Once turned on, they don't turn off until the engine completely stops.

Fingers are crossed here! I hope it works out.

Lou's alternator always worked just fine. No idea how he got so lucky! His must have been one of the first ones made.

The broken fin came that way out of the box........

Members online

No members online now.
Back