All my lovely LS V8 problems....

Dude seriously man!

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?92680-Will-a-2003-steering-wheel-fit-a-2002

read a little right? ... it was on the first page, someone just talked today about pulling a steering wheel off.

look at his pics and realize the tool you are missing.

Also ... and please don't take this the wrong way, but I seen your other vids on youTube and what are you doing farting around with a steering wheel when in fact you have a motor that is in desperate need of timing chain, possibly Primary and Secondary, test driving (rodding) your LS around with no brakes as you put it (5% stopping power)?

wouldn't it make more sense to deal with geting that LS to run and stop safely first ... just thinking out loud here of course.

sorry.gif

Well it actually isn't on the road ATM those Are the last vids of it. I'm just finishing stuff on it slowly as I go. I just happen to run into those parts today by coincidence that's why

Also I found like 10 Ls v8 in a junkyard aways up the highway
Would it be possible to find tensioners out of them?

10 of them, crap I can barly find one at a time in any Boneyard around here,
seen your Ontario plates, where are there 10 LS V8's hiding if you don't mind?

of course there would be tensioners in boneyard LS'es,
however do you put dirty old bandaids on a fresh new cut also ... get where I'm going with this?
sure you can find and put old tensioners in if you'd like, sure it would work for a while, just not everyones idea of a remedy.
new Tensioners are peanuts for what they are ... source here: http://stores.christophersforeigncarparts.com/lincoln/ <-- all metal design.

EDIT: http://stores.christophersforeignca...-secondary-timing-chain-tensioner-right-side/
be sure that's what you need, might need more, get the Valve covers off and start looking.

If your looking for a center black leather armrest or tiptronic gearbox cover I do mind ;). There at Cookstown auto in Barrie

I think I'm going to pop off the valve cover on friday and take some pics for you guys!

hehehe, no all good there, Barrie - 4hrs from me. any of them LS'es by chance Silver Frost ?
I'd love to find that many LS'es in one yard, I wouldn't come ouf for the whole day and send for a cube van rental.

I'm looking to score an 01 Silver Frost V8 Sport with same color interior as my own, parts car for the back yard on blocks.

They were all black with tinted windows haha. One silver one.

If you ever got a chance I'd love some help with my LS :) could pitch gas and beer!

If you ever got a chance I'd love some help with my LS :) could pitch gas and beer!

Member M4rk is in same town as you, let him get his hands dirty ... LOL

I'm just west outside of the Nations Capital and not the one with the Crack pipe smoking mayor!

I would love some help with this situation I'm having, I bought this 01 Lincoln Ls v8 a few days ago and have discovered many a problem.

Here's the list and I would really appreciate help

1) bottom door courtesy lights never actually turn off. While driving, even after I shut it off and lock it and look in window they are still on which keeps killing my battery

2) only at idle the car makes this hideous rattle clanking noise (attached video) timing chain tensioner possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpovFR0g4Ac&feature=youtube_gdata_player

3) mechanic said the calipers are not touching rotor or something and are spitting brake fluid. Any other theories? I kinda forgot exactly what he said

4) a bit of rust under plastic side skirts, how would I go about starting at this?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance!

Also anyone selling a driver side black leather cover for seat?

1. Check lite actuator button switch on front door hinge panel, lube, silicone spray or apply white grease. Remove check contacts with VOM if needed.
2. Clean MAF, check EGR valve/clean, PCV SYSTEM, spray top of motor with fuel injection electronic cleaner to check for vac leak.
3. Remove calipers, check lines are tight/sealed, check brake fluid, clean/full, check brake pads, bleed all correctly.
4. Raise car remove black plastic strip, sand/fill prime/paint.
5. Get to know ur LS! Could still be timing chain problem. Big job! If joeger says do it or heed info! Best advice!

This thread jumps around a lot and the OP needs to prioritize repairs! FIX ZERO TOLERANCE ENGINE PROBLEM/BRAKE PROBLEM 1ST!

Lets worry about our steering wheel when our engine is about to take a dump....kids. If you cant take your steering wheel off, then you will never be able to change your own tensioners.

I've taken many steering wheels off before, this one is just super seized on. That being said I'm going to take some pics tomorrow under valve cover

I'm near Barrie, where are you?

Maybe you've seen me around at some point. Black 2nd gen with LSE tails, grille and rear surround.

I've taken many steering wheels off before, this one is just super seized on. That being said I'm going to take some pics tomorrow under valve cover

They're not seized on. It's a press-fit; like a ball joint. You need a gear puller.

Is it black? I've seen a black one in mississauga cruising around many times

Lets worry about our steering wheel when our engine is about to take a dump....

One of the stereo shops in our area now has the policy that they will no longer install sound systems in cars that are pushed or towed in...

One of the stereo shops in our area now has the policy that they will no longer install sound systems in cars that are pushed or towed in...

LOL...I wish they were all like that. It makes me sick hearing some $3000 system in a $500 car. Or wheels that are worth more than the car they are on. Look good first, run good second.

Members online

No members online now.
Back