All I wanted was a milkshake (Overheating problem)

trickett90,

I have no idea how you did yours and was no way inferring that mine was a better method to yours. I just knew the elbow WAS going to be replaced and did not want to pry up on the plastic manifold like Gus_Man did - I'm already replacing cracked plastic.

I've cut bolts in the past that were problematic for getting parts out out the way as they are easy to replace once you start to look at things all apart and figure a better way.

Resume building took up my night of LS R&D. Update, she's safe and at the dealer. Might stop at work tomorrow to check the mileage on it before it opens. They're changing the oil, pressure testing the coolant system, checking the front end clunk/creak (suspected sway bar), and checking the rear suspension squeak (suspected shock).

In the meantime I'm driving a red fishbowl, with the fuel light on and low front tires. I really appreciate the amenities the LS has to offer now. Not saying it's a fully loaded Mercedes but it''s not a red fishbowl either. Gotta lover loaners.

The color looks off or modified in this one too.

IMAG0325.jpg

So did I ever tell you guys that I panic when things go wrong?

Turns out the fan had a bad ground and didn't turn on, causing the system to overheat, boilover. Wish I had thought of that. They performed a pressure test and didn't come across any leaks and that the mix I put in temporarily is sufficient.

Regardless, I'm taking it in on Friday to have the coolant serviced as I don't think it's been done yet. At the very least I'll be doing that and await the inevitable of the plastic cooling parts failing. I'd ask them to replace the thermostat but I don't want them to open up Pandora's Box of LS cooling parts. Perhaps if I stop talking about it, it won't ever happen. :rolleyes:

They still can't determine the creaking/clunk sound in the front end but suggested front shocks. I'm still convinced it's the sway bar and will be doing that at the end of the summer. Thoughts?

Miraculously I took it in there and it came out with the rear end not squeaking any more. Now I'm curious as to what they did? Spray it down with lubricant or what. It was a very noticeable/embarrassing squeak. Your opinion? Ethical?

They drove it 5 miles so I'm pretty sure they would have noticed what I was talking about in the front and rear. I won today's battle anyway. On to the next one. St. Louis, still unsure :/.

Thanks guys!

Members online

Back