Alarm System

lsboosted

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need help guys... i have a 2002 LS and when my alarm goes off i cant hear the sound but i see the lights flashing. does anyone know if this is something taht i ajustable or maybe could have been unplugged and is there any trouble shooting tips you can offer?

actually i havnt used the horn in a while but i tried it 2day and no it stopped working

do the buttons on the steering wheel work like the radio buttons and cruse control? If not could be the clockspring

Check the horn fuse in the front power distribution box at the front of the engine compartment, #4 fuse-20A.

So no horn or steering wheel controls implicates the clockspring? What is this and how can it be fixed?

So no horn or steering wheel controls implicates the clockspring? What is this and how can it be fixed?

If your horn sounds when you press the panic button on your remote but not when you press the center of the steering wheel, then yes it probably is the clockspring. Otherwise, it will be the horns themselves, or maybe the horn relay.

You have to remove the steering wheel to change out the clockspring. What year is your LS?

since the horn doesn't work when the factory alarm is going off, then the clockspring is not the OPs problem (could also be bad/going bad, but not whats causing the issue with the thread title here)

the easiest way figure this out would be to get to the horn and check and see if there is voltage there when you hit the panic button. if there is voltage, then the horn itself is bad and just needs to be replaced. if there is no voltage, you first should check the fuse and then check the relay.

...would be to get to the horn and check and see if there is voltage there when you hit the panic button. if there is voltage, then the horn itself is bad and just needs to be replaced. ...

To be exact, there are two horns. Yes, both could be failed now. It's possible that it wasn't noticed when the first one failed, but it was obvious when the second one did.

It's a 2004, the fuse is blown or keeps blowing. But the horn and steering wheel controls don't work at all.

The fuse for the horn in the engine's fuse box

F1.04, 20A ? If so, that doesn't leave you much to check to find the short.

There's the Red/blue wire from the fuse to the horn relay (both the coil and the "30" contact), and there's the Red/yellow wire from the relay to the horn(s). (And of course, the horns themselves.)

Members online

Back