Alarm help Please! before I pick up a bat(A lil long)

BlackMark8Li

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so I am not sure if I posted this on this site, I know I did on one of the other sites about a year ago. Anyways I have 2 alarms in my car, the factory and an aftermarket clifford(2 years ago top of the line) was in the car before I bought it.

So the aftermarkt alarm is junk, goes off all the time for no reason, the keypad buttons are way to sensative so if your in the store and something happens to even brush up against it, your whole car will unlock and the trunk will open up. whats the point of a alarm(especially 1 that cost $1,000 new) if the alarm itself lets people into your car. anyways my whole point is this alarm is a pos.

Heres my problem; my whole goal since I bought the car was to take out that alarm and keep the factory 1. but the factory alarm wasn't working. I would arm the factory system and open the door and nothing would happen. no alarm, no nothing. so I took the alarm module from my 93 which I knew worked and still nothing. so I just stopped troubleshooting this cause I was getting so pissed at it.

Now all of a sudden yesturday I locked the doors with the aftermarket alarm keypad when I went in the store. came out and unlocked the doors and opened the passanger door and the alarm goes off.. so I'm sitting there hitting the clifford keypad and it wouldn't shut off.. took me about 2 minutes with an alarm screaming in my ears to realize that it wasn't the clifford alarm thats going off... it was the factory alarm after over a year of not working.. wtf?? so when I got home I got the factory keypad from my room and started locking and unlocking the doors and i'd open the door and there would be like a 10-30 second delay before the alarm went off(not like in my 93 where it would go off right away) even if I used the keypad on the door to lock the doors the factory alarm would go off which again I have done hundreds of times before since I owned the car and this never happened. can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with this alarm?

on a side note I paid 6,500 for this car from pete D, a member of the old mark boards, I don't know what he did to this car but this car wasn't even worth half of that with all the problems it had. I probally put well over 6,500 into this car in less than a year on just crap that broke.

well let me tell you the factory alarms are junk. the one on my 93 I had to just un plug because it goes off all the time and we couldnt figure out why? So my 2 cents would be to unplug the factory alarm and just leave the clifford and see what happens. or unplug the clifford but im telling you the factory system sucks they fixed most of the problems buy gen'2 but for us no good let me know what happens

Bates93Mark8 said:
well let me tell you the factory alarms are junk. the one on my 93 I had to just un plug because it goes off all the time and we couldnt figure out why? So my 2 cents would be to unplug the factory alarm and just leave the clifford and see what happens. or unplug the clifford but im telling you the factory system sucks they fixed most of the problems buy gen'2 but for us no good let me know what happens

please tell me how you unplugged your factory alarm. i really really need to unplug mine - i can only unlock my car with the door code, if i use the key it goes off, sometimes it goes off WHILE I AM DRIVING, etc. So please tell me how you unplugged it.

the module is in the trunk I belive next to the air bag shut off switch Ikk have to look to be sure but I think thats it

please confirm as soon as you have time - i would love to completely ditch my alarm.

67Continental said:
please confirm as soon as you have time - i would love to completely ditch my alarm.

The factory alarm isn't the greatest alarm but it works. now this guy I bought the car from paid a grand for a alarm and that is a pos. you would think for that price for just an alarm it would put a metal shield around the car or something. seriouslly it goes off all the time, I had the place desensitise it and it still goes off. not to mention what that the alarm opens your car for youand theres no way around that, I've tried. at least with teh factory alarm you don't have to worry about your trunk being open so everyone can see your subs and amps and be like wow let me just grab them.

no one knows how to troubleshoot the factory alarm or maybe have sometype of idea as to why all of a sudden it just decides to work after a year?

maybe your factory alarm works, but please read above - mine doesn't and i want to get rid of it.

67Continental said:
maybe your factory alarm works, but please read above - mine doesn't and i want to get rid of it.

wtf, its my post.. I'm the one with the problem here.. go make your own post if you were having a problem. I created this post cause my alarm wasn't working, but now that you said my alarm is working maybe.. I guess my problem is solved. Thank you for the help

i really don't understand why you are upset, but if you are going to act that way, I will just send personal messages to Bates93. In the meantime, you should calm down, there's no need to act like a child. As far as I know this is a public message board and people are free to post where they want to. In fact such discussion is often how most problems get solved.

67Continental said:
i really don't understand why you are upset, but if you are going to act that way, I will just send personal messages to Bates93. In the meantime, you should calm down, there's no need to act like a child. As far as I know this is a public message board and people are free to post where they want to. In fact such discussion is often how most problems get solved.

I understand its a public board, I didn't say anything before when you posted on this thread, we're all here to help eachother... but when I have a problem and I was asking if anyone knew or experienced the problem I had and you reply saying mine works(if mine worked I wouldn't have started this post) so help me with my problem. Thats rude and as you called it being childish. I wasn't upset I was being sarcastic in what I posted.

BlackMark8Li said:
but when I have a problem and I was asking if anyone knew or experienced the problem I had and you reply saying mine works(if mine worked I wouldn't have started this post)

BlackMark8Li said:
The factory alarm isn't the greatest alarm but it works.

Sorry. I interpreted that as saying that your stock alarm works.

ok guys hold on here 67 cont I will have your confirmation tonight k as fo Black mark 8 its bad to run so alarms because they conteract each other sometimes... my advice is that aftermaket alarms are very touch and have to be tuned in most of the are a pain more than there worth all you need is an alram that will trigger when you open the door and kill the starter the fact is that alarms go off so often now days that most people dont even pay attention to them. I would disable the aftermarket and leave the factory in place if its working and install a kill switch in a well hidden place...or you can but just get a basic viper alarm with sensors and kill switch already in them for around 150 bucks you dont need the extra crap just the starter kill is the main thing so that If they do break in they wont be able to steel the car...let me know what happens but I dont advise you to run to alarms...

Bates93Mark8 said:
ok guys hold on here 67 cont I will have your confirmation tonight k as fo Black mark 8 its bad to run so alarms because they conteract each other sometimes... my advice is that aftermaket alarms are very touch and have to be tuned in most of the are a pain more than there worth all you need is an alram that will trigger when you open the door and kill the starter the fact is that alarms go off so often now days that most people dont even pay attention to them. I would disable the aftermarket and leave the factory in place if its working and install a kill switch in a well hidden place...or you can but just get a basic viper alarm with sensors and kill switch already in them for around 150 bucks you dont need the extra crap just the starter kill is the main thing so that If they do break in they wont be able to steel the car...let me know what happens but I dont advise you to run to alarms...

thats what I said in my origonal post however the factory alarm does not work right.

like say in that case I would either disconnect the factory and have the aftermarket alarm resetup they should cause that many problems

the anti theft controller module is located behind rh side of i/p near rh cowel. which probley means behind the glove box. that is for 93 per the e/v troubleshooting manual.

when you say "behind rh side of i/p near rh cowel" - what do those abbreviations stand for.

67Continental said:
when you say "behind rh side of i/p near rh cowel" - what do those abbreviations stand for.

Sorry, that was my dad who does'nt type very well :)

It's behind the glove box. ;)

mike

ok,,,I hate to jump in on this but I have this problem and unplugged both connectors behind the glove box,,,,aaaaannnnnddddd a month later the alarm went off with the horn going crazy !! this car is possessed!! Seems when we have rain storms water is getting at the computer ,,,I am told the water gets in around the heater fan!! Not an easy fix!! Anyway,,,I pulled the heavy duty fuse to stop this animal machine.. no cruise,,,no horn,,,no noise!! If the alarm goes off it can just click itself to death,,,:)

ok,,,I hate to jump in on this but I have this problem and unplugged both connectors behind the glove box,,,,aaaaannnnnddddd a month later the alarm went off with the horn going crazy !! this car is possessed!! Seems when we have rain storms water is getting at the computer ,,,I am told the water gets in around the heater fan!! Not an easy fix!! Anyway,,,I pulled the heavy duty fuse to stop this animal machine.. no cruise,,,no horn,,,no noise!! If the alarm goes off it can just click itself to death,,,:)

If you only have the factory alarm and it's still going off, you unplugged the wrong connectors. Drop the glovebox and set the alarm off. You'll be able to feel the relays clicking inside the alarm module. That's the one you'll want to unplug. :)

And yes, the blower case tends to collect condensation and drip onto the alarm module. My last Mark VIII had that problem. It was especially fun when the alarm would go off as I was driving down the road!

Members online

Back