Airbag to Coilovers Anyone?

Dawkins

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 Lincoln Mark Viii...Does anyone that lives in the Toronto, Canada...Done a swap from the stock air-ride system...to coilover springs? I've Heard that if you take the same year Ford Mustang it's just a straight swap front and back is this also true? :confused:

Thanks

Reg Mustangs are way different. Use Thunderbird Supercoupe for the same year or call on of the vendors on the right ---------------------->

T-Bird stuff will end up costing you more than a conversion kit I think.
There have been many threads about this subject here....search the forums, you'll find alot of good information.

So what Your saying Frat-Man is if i swap the airbags for Supercoupe lowering springs\struts it's just an in and out job?...i want that low look the one i have right now with no air in the system without sacrificing my comfort level...

The only problem you would have would be the mounts for the rear springs.

Do you guys know anyone who's done it or have you done it yourself just to no how low 1 1\2 inch drop is and looks like?...if you know what im saying before i make the purchase and the commitment

Go to www.customwheel.com and put in your car info, color, wheel size, type of wheel, then use the lower button a low as 6". Its a cool way to see just how your car will look.

Yeah thanks that custom wheel site is sweet...6inch drop is what i have right now with cracked bags...im looking for the 3.5 or 4 inch drop 1.5 just isen't pimp enough for my taste...might have to go custom bags and break out the wallet...

Dawkins said:
Do you guys know anyone who's done it or have you done it yourself just to no how low 1 1\2 inch drop is and looks like?...if you know what im saying before i make the purchase and the commitment

I've done the lowering kit. It'll take you several hours but you can do it in your own garage/area with ordinary tools.

It looks like a cross between the air ride level and the totally collapsed level. Makes you look pretty sleek actually. Just watch your speed on bad bumps, especially in intersections. It will bottom out on you if you're not careful. Other than that, it's a great way to go.

Members online

No members online now.
Back