AirBag Suspension

free139stylz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im debating on getting AirBags but on the Lincoln this weeknd. Do they make the ride alot smoother? or worse then normal suspension?

Unless it is the factory-like option the ride typically gets a lot stiffer - but most people that add bags to their are doing it for the dropped look - so the ride quality is secondary to the look.

Where are you finding bags for the LS?

This place near I where I live car toys says they can get them for like 4 g's but If its not gonna make it ride nicer then i dont want them i want my ride to be smoother because its not all the smooth right now

The factory Lincoln/Ford air ride is awesome! It really works well. But when it goes south, hang on to your wallet. I had to replace the struts on my Mark once. I paid $1600 (jobber) for the struts and installed them myself. Then I lost a compressor...and that was another chunk of change. When I bought my wife an Expedition several years ago, I had the choice between springs or air ride. I took the springs. I didn't want to have that expense again!!

free139stylz said:
This place near I where I live car toys says they can get them for like 4 g's but If its not gonna make it ride nicer then i dont want them i want my ride to be smoother because its not all the smooth right now

Lincoln LS isn't meant to be a floating boat, its a sport sedan with a tighter than most suspension.

Members online

No members online now.
Back