airbag light on what is this??

It means the bag is not in operational state and will not deploy in an accident. Often times this is caused by a bad airbag sensor or sometimes the clockspring. You'll want to hook it up to a computer and find out what the code is. The code will tell you what the problem is.

There's no need to hook it up to a computer.
The SRS flashes out two digit codes over and over when you first start the car. Count the flashes and let us know. The two most common issues are the clockspring, and a connector under the driver's seat. The code will tell if it is either of those, or something more serous.

There's no need to hook it up to a computer.
The SRS flashes out two digit codes over and over when you first start the car. Count the flashes and let us know. The two most common issues are the clockspring, and a connector under the driver's seat. The code will tell if it is either of those, or something more serous.

Thanks man...I'm getting three flashes

The two most common issues are:
- the clockspring in the steernig colunm wore through and is either shorting or open - which provides the connection to the airbag in the steering wheel
- the connector under the driver's seat has broken - which provide a connection to the seat's weight sensor (partof the airbag system).

thread on the clockspring - > http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=6316

thread on the under seat connector - > http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7068

so start by checking the connector under the seat.... there is no easy way to check the clockspring other than to say you have checked everything else and so that must be the problem... It's $100+ for the clockspring so start with the under seat connector.

Thanks man...I'm getting three flashes

Three is not a valid code. Do you mean 33 (flash 3 times, pause, flash 3 more times, repeat)? If so, it's not one of the common issues, it's a problem with the driver's seatbelt retractor on gen II (I don't know if that's true for gen I).

I am having the same issue on my 05 towncar code 33 tried the under the seat disconnecting and spray with wd40 and cycling the plugs 4 o5 times. Also disconnected the battery and grounded out the cables and still have the code. What would be the next step? The controls on the SW work except the resume is a bit temperamental but all else works.
Thanks,
Ron

Members online

Back