airbag light? is it the clockspring???

From what I read, it is pretty straight foward. Check out this post:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=51902&postcount=8

I am actually doing mine sometime next week. I went to Tasca today to pick up the part but the 2 they had were for others who had ordered it. Mine should be coming in on Monday. One of those didn't happen to be yours, did it? LOL

PS. If you didn't realize, I'm from Johnston RI...it's nice to meet another forum member from RI. I was gonna send you a PM but you seem to have it disabled. If you ever want to talk about cars, IM me. my AIM screen name is the same as my user name here.

Clockspring

2001 V6, yeah its the clock spring all right, mine quit at 65k. Only takes an hour to swap it out, if you have the right tools, make sure the battery is unhooked for awhile before messing with the airbag or you could get hurt badly. There are several articles floating around on how to change it. Its a tight fit so take your time, you only need to mess with the steering wheel, the lower dash cover can stay in place.

I had the same problems....steering wheel controls, first the radio then the cruse the the air bag light came on (noticed the blinking but did not know it was a code untill now) had the dealer do it, came to about $300 for everything. So far so good with all the controls

heres a question, how can you tell if your airbag has gone off. I am assuming if the light is on that could mean you no longer have an airbag, correct? I bought my car used so i am not sure why the light is on. Everything works on the steering wheel.

Yo if its the wire what do i do?????????? because its the wire under the drivers seat but i dont kno what to do with it lol ima rook

Members online

No members online now.
Back