Airbag Light Flashing then stays on

Andreaatneci

New LVC Member
Reaction score
HELP!
I have owned my 2001 Lincoln LS for about 6 months (bought used from a dealer) and my airbag light began to flash then now it just stays on (happend a few hours ago) I am in Northern MN and wondering if snow packed under my car would be a culpret?? Its slushy snow and it sticks to everything? Or should I be looking under the seat to see if the connection came unplugged??
Any advise would be great, dont want to pay to go back to the dealer.:p :eek:

there are many threads on this -

the light flashes with a two-digit pattern - for example; flash-flash-flash-pause-flash-flash - is LFC code 32.

the flashes tell you what is wrong.

usually - it is one of two things:
- wiring of the driver position sensor under the driver's seat
- the clockspring (under the steering wheel) - where all the wiring for the radio controls and airbag pass from the steering column into the steering wheel

MY AIRBAG LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR SOME TIME NOW. i NEVER STOPPED TO NOTICE IF IT WAS EVER FLASHING....

QUIK LS--- ARE YOU A LS MECHANIC OR SOMETHING?

Thanks. I Think I Got It. How Do You Know Where The Correlating Problem It Is? Can I Use The Same Diagnostic Computer From When I Checked For Misfiring In My Cylinders?.

ill bet its the clockspring.. thats usually what it is..

nope - the standard ODBII/CAN tools cannot read the LFC code - you have to look at the flashing srs light and go from there.

its 32. but i dont know where the
" driver air bag circuit resistancehigh go to pinpoint test H" ......is?

yep - LFC of 32 or 36 are the common ones - just follow the instruction in post #4 - wiring under the driver's seat, or clockspring.

theres no instructions really. just lists all the different codes? where is 32 and what needs to be done to fix it. is it a plug? where is the plug? wiggle? replace?

back on post #4 - two links to walk you through checking the two most common issues.

I have a 2002 lincoln ls v8 my airbag light is flashing 3 pause 6 repeatedly three times can yell help me to figure out the code to fix it

I think that this thread and the threads linked to from it, pretty well covers it.

I have a 2002 lincoln ls v8 my airbag light is flashing 3 pause 6 repeatedly three times can yell help me to figure out the code to fix it

this cannot be fixed by ANY "code"....its either your clock spring...or the the connection under the seat, if you had done a bit more searching instead of resurrecting a seven year old thread, you may have figured it out.

so... did you even bother to read any of this thread?

lets take a closer look at the first response...
post #2
the light flashes with a two-digit pattern - for example; flash-flash-flash-pause-flash-flash - is LFC code 32.

ok, that sounds simple enough, i have now figured out the code for you, you have a code of 36...

now lets take a look at post #10

yep - LFC of 32 or 36 are the common ones - just follow the instruction in post #4 - wiring under the driver's seat, or clockspring.

so im not sure what else you need help with, the answers to your question was already answered years before you asked them, and you even found them...

People don't READ/SEARCH anymore man, they just want ANSWERS to their QUESTIONS.

Fn kids these days ...

Soooooo....... I rewired the driver's seat connector (no evidence of frayed/broken wires) as I replaced the clockspring not that long ago. I still get the flashing 3-2 (same as i did thr first time the clockspring failed) and the steering wheel controls work as designed. Is there ANY other culprit other than the connector and the clockspring?

Those two are the common ones. Other possibilities would be the connector at the airbag in the seat (not the connector under the seat), the airbag in the seat itself, the airbag in the steering wheel, wiring, or the SRS module itself. A good scan tool may be able to give you a four digit code that is more specific to the area of the problem. Testing the actual airbags takes great care and very specific test meters have to be used to ensure that they won't set the bag off.

Soooooo....... I rewired the driver's seat connector (no evidence of frayed/broken wires) as I replaced the clockspring not that long ago. I still get the flashing 3-2 (same as i did thr first time the clockspring failed) and the steering wheel controls work as designed. Is there ANY other culprit other than the connector and the clockspring?

Sounds worth the $90 to have a dealer tell you! my .02

Sounds worth the $90 to have a dealer tell you! my .02

Beginning to think so... Turns out the clockspring was replaced about 6 years and 50K miles ago. Maybe it is time for a new one.....

Well...... New clockspring cured the 3-2 airbag code. I still think it's odd that I only got 50K miles out of the last one. Maybe age is also a factor......

Members online

No members online now.
Back