Air Suspension Question

Replacing just the solenoid is not that difficult. Remove the metal retaining clip, unscrew the solenoid (air will rush out), disconnect the power wires, disconnect the airline. Reverse procedure to reinstall. Use new o-rings with some dielectric grease when reinstalling to prevent leaks.

"leak down" loss of air.

It's almost never the solenoid for what it's worth, unless you've just replaced it and maybe had an o-ring seat wrong.
Your bags are probably leaking unless they are brand new

It's almost never the solenoid for what it's worth, unless you've just replaced it and maybe had an o-ring seat wrong.
Your bags are probably leaking unless they are brand new

Yep. This is true. I, on the other hand, did actually have the rare solenoid leak on my '95. The front end was dropping over a two or three day period. But the air shocks were OEM Motorcraft GEN2 units and not that old. So I took the solenoids out and put new O-rings in and voila! No more leak. :)

This is what is happening. Sometimes when it is pumping up, you can hear air being released. Sometimes it will stay up for a day or two, other times it will go down as soon as you shut off the car. Sometimes the "Check Air Ride" message comes on quick and other times it won't come on for a while.

The problem acts like it is leaking "O" rings. Get a set and install them.

Where are you in Summerville? I'm in Columbia now, but I lived in Summerville for 4 years. I actually still have a house there that I rent out.

Anyway, if you ever make it out to Columbia, I could probably help you out with your car.

Thanks 98lincmk7lsc. I'm in the Jedburg area. I'm originally from Columbia, so I do get up there every now and then.

Thanks Roadboss. I'll try that.
The house we're renting out is actually in Cane Bay plantation, so you may be pretty close to it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back