air suspension gone wild

cuda2003

LVC Member
Reaction score
:feedback My 1994 mark viii air ride has gone crazy the car is very high in the front end the rear is fine. Could this be caused by a bad sensor and if so where are they located :feedback pleeeeease

If both front shocks are staying up it sounds like the compressor vent solinoid is not working or the sensor wiring may have poor connections. The two front air bags operate on independent sensors so if one side is having sensor problems it doesn't usually affect the other side. In the rear both air bags are on one sensor so they will stay high or low together.

Simply put the front is most likely staying high because the air cannot get out and the most common problem that would cause this to happen to both front shocks at the same time is a faulty vent solinoid.

mach8 said:
If both front shocks are staying up it sounds like the compressor vent solinoid is not working or the sensor wiring may have poor connections. The two front air bags operate on independent sensors so if one side is having sensor problems it doesn't usually affect the other side. In the rear both air bags are on one sensor so they will stay high or low together.

Simply put the front is most likely staying high because the air cannot get out and the most common problem that would cause this to happen to both front shocks at the same time is a faulty vent solinoid.

no - if there is a problem with one side, there is a problem with the other. I had the left side sensor fall off my car this spring and both sides inflated to maximum height. So it could be a sensor problem, but you are right, it could also be a compressor vent solenoid.

Now, i don't have a mark, I have a 91 Conti, but it kinda sounds like the air ride confuser (computer) senses a failure in the front (both sensors not being nearly equal in position), and goes into a fail safe mode, that causes both sides to fill untill the working side's sensor matches the other side.

Also if vent wasn't working... wouldn't rear eventually catch up to height of front? or does the Mark not drop down like my conti does when parked?
(actually venting both front and rear down to a preset level which is slightly lower than normal ride height)

I have the same problem too but my check air ride light comes on during take offs and highway. I think it is because the rrear drops to the right level and the front stays up. when I slow down and the rear raises the light goes off. I thaught it was the rear at first but when I measured them the front never moves up or down???
this sucks on the highway with the front high and the rear low it catches alot of wind and it picks it up more. I have pumed up the rear and turned off the system until I can fix it and to find out if it does leak in the rear. (the rear bags look brand new though) HELP me please.

Awww, nuts. I was expecting to see some pics of suspension components doing things that daddy doesnt want them to do...:eek:

lmao

you mean air struts taking off their air bladders at spring break?

Members online

No members online now.
Back