Air Suspension Conversion

tosaman

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2005 Navigator that's starting to exhibit air suspension problems in cold weather. I've read a lot about converting the air bags to coil springs, but haven't seen much written in the forum on the subject. I'm wondering what is the best conversion kit to use. I see a lot of ads by Strutmaster, but I know there are several others. Obviously, I would like to retain the comfortable ride of the vehicle (a primary reason for buying it in the first place). I'm also a little concerned about rear ride height when towing. I do occasionally tow my boat, which has about a 400 lb trailer tongue weight. I wouldn't want the vehicle rear to drop down too much in those instances. Any comments and recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks.

If you wish to retain the level of the Navi' when towing, don't even think about the spring conversion.

Last summer we built a parade trailer at work which had quite a heavy tongue load. I used my Navigator with it several times without any problems. Then someone used it with an Expedition. We had to get load leveling bars for the hitch to get it to tow level.

Members online

No members online now.
Back