Air suspension compressor?

well thank you both ill [sic] tell ya what ill [sic] do im [sic] gonna [sic] check fuse 8a to see if it's blown

Again, sorry to disappoint, there is no fuse 8a according to the service manual. Good luck finding it.

then I will try to ground the pink & black wire (ground)

That will do nothing without energizing the air spring solenoids!

then ill [sic] try the wires that make the compressor inflate and deflate (can't remember the name of the wires)

Why would you possibly want to make the compressor run and inflate? It's already too high.

then i'll [sic] check the door wiring and she [sic] if that effects it at all

What door wiring?

ill [sic] then know for certain.

You might as well invest in a crystal ball.

I think I will just replace the entire assembly. BTW corrosion is a B****:Beer

What assembly?

Good luck, you're going to need it if you don't troubleshoot as you have been advised.

haha well this is crazy but I replace the fuse for the air suspension I saw it and it was smoldered into the fuse well I replaced it and it's back to normal 1993 TC 1.jpg1993 TC 2.jpg

1993 TC 1.jpg

1993 TC 2.jpg

oh and I heard metal rattling in the rear springs do you have any idea what that could be and I couldn't even hear the air suspension turn on I had to look at the rear and actually see it go down

haha well this is crazy but I replace the fuse for the air suspension I saw it and it was smoldered into the fuse well I replaced it and it's back to normal

Which fuse ? Smoldered? Fuse well? Congrats, that only took over a week to change a fuse.

oh and I heard metal rattling in the rear springs do you have any idea what that could be

Well there is no metal used in the construction of the air springs. I guess you will just have to figure that out yourself.

There is a metal retaining ring that secures the bottom of the air spring to the axle housing. If you're hearing that, you have bigger fish to fry.

and I couldn't even hear the air suspension turn on I had to look at the rear and actually see it go down

The venting of the suspension is nothing that will rattle the dishes in the cupboard, it's strictly a slow venting of air via the vent solenoid. A small fart would be louder than the venting.

I don't know how else you would see it go down without putting your eyeballs on it.

well may I say it took me over a week to change a fuse it took me a week to be sure of the information and go other routes. I appreciate the information you give me but you don't have to let your ego get in the way of I have been very nice to you and tolerated this well. Besides all of my life I've been around 3 different town cars and I've heard to compressor kick on to deflate and inflate so and besides I knew that when it vents it's silent so thank you but I must asked do the letters FO mean anything.

well may I say it took me over a week to change a fuse it took me a week to be sure of the information and go other routes.

You may, in fact you did. I'm sorry.

I appreciate the information you give me but you don't have to let your ego get in the way of

Of what?

I have been very nice to you and tolerated this well.

Bravo !

Besides all of my life I've been around 3 different town cars and I've heard to [sic] compressor kick on to deflate and inflate

There has never been a Town Car made that will run the compressor when the system is venting.

so and besides I knew that when it vents it's silent

It's not silent, it's just not loud.

so thank you but I must asked [sic] do the letters FO mean anything.

Is that a question?

Face-Off (hockey)?
Factory Outlet?
Fail Open?
Far Out?
Fiber Optic(s)?
Fuel Oil?
Freak Out?
Fiscal Officer?

You may, in fact you did. I'm sorry.

Of what?

Bravo !

There has never been a Town Car made that will run the compressor when the system is venting.

It's not silent, it's just not loud.

Is that a question?

Face-Off (hockey)?
Factory Outlet?
Fail Open?
Far Out?
Fiber Optic(s)?
Fuel Oil?
Freak Out?
Fiscal Officer?

Stop being a dick no0c.

Glad it was just a fuse, I've had problems I've looked for, for several weeks. Sometimes you got stop and check the simple stuff again, it happens.

Keep an eye on that fuse though, you might have a chaffed wire causing a short somewhere. Is the fuse block damaged at all from the fuse burning?

its amazing how complicated people think the air ride system is on the town car what gets me is how many people want to convert it to a conventional coil spring system. in fact its pretty simple you have the compressor, air lines control module air springs ride height sensor and perge/vent silenoides I guess technically there are actually two sets of silenoides ifyou count the one built on the compressor or three if you count the ones on the air spings individually but I digress I found all the parts to fix mine from sun coast for next to nothing but if you order directly from them make sure you tell them you seen their products on ebay cheeper or they'll try to rip you off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back