air ride problem

I do I do!!! I spend hours out there with him - even let a friend take him to troubleshoot. Of course he was on his best behavior and didn't act up.

Hopefully this summer I can spend more time trying to figure out what causes him to act up. I spend so much time bouncing on the trunk my neighbors think I'm trying to make baby Marks! lol

N yeah - it is expensive but sooo worth it.. when me and my 8 yr old niece get out, the spyder valve releases and she looks back, points her finger at him and says "Stay Tux"...lolol too cute! Oh she helps me work on him too, it would blow her mind if I told her we were gonna cut his bags off....

MsM8

LOL... Well it's not lazy it's making sure my daily driver and winter driver is available when needed and not on the DL like it is now.

The ad was fun.. but it wasn't the selling point for me on the Mark VIII.

Well if it makes you feel any better, if LBD's air goes - she'll get shocks. she has been a good girl all winter - turned over like a charm and the Kroil has taken care of the frozen lock this year too.

MsM8

I do I do!!! I spend hours out there with him - even let a friend take him to troubleshoot. (Debi likes to get Screwed LOL ... )Of course he was on his best behavior and didn't act up.

Hopefully this summer I can spend more time trying to figure out what causes him to act up. I spend so much time bouncing on the trunk my neighbors think I'm trying to make baby Marks! lol

N yeah - it is expensive but sooo worth it.. when me and my 8 yr old niece get out, the spyder valve releases and she looks back, points her finger at him and says "Stay Tux"...lolol too cute! Oh she helps me work on him too, it would blow her mind if I told her we were gonna cut his bags off....

MsM8

So Debi will tux be able to make it to the Beach Party this year? Did you fix your rear end?

Will your niece say Stay Tux and Tux not be able to drive to WI.. LOL

Yes rich I will make this year - actually my niece wanted to come with me. She is too cute, the other day, we were in LBD on the way back from church...she looks aover and says "man...I can't wait till summer, I miss cruisin in Tux...." lol she even remembers my 1st mark she was only 4!

hey we have stole this thread - you Hotties are baddddd!

okay guys, herre is an update and hopefully the end (from what ive read here im not sure how long though lol) . i took the advice, took apart the vet solenoid and the pintle was not only corroded it was broke off in the compressor housing! i happen to be near a pick-n-pull here in virginia beach so itook a ride over there and found one for 22 bucks! i was a little aprehensive though as i looked closer and saw that the front bags had been repleced with coils! anyway i got it back on the lift, did the install and she worked like a champ. thanks to all---

Now you know where the achilles heel is on the compressor. Being in humid air the Spider Valve really helps to remove moisture from the system and helps perserve it. It also can help you when the car slams the next time as it gives you access to the system so that you can use a tire chuck to file the system with air. It's good insurance

v- good job! you wouldnt happen to have pics of the pintle or the broken part would you?

Roadboss.... you gonna have to explain that to me....lol

Smooches Hotties!
MsM8

thanks to all---

Glad to hear it worked out...

See that wasn't "soo bad after all".

a little time, brain power and effort and your back up and running!

Thanks for not "copping out" and putting springs on the car.

Now you know where the achilles heel is on the compressor. Being in humid air the Spider Valve really helps to remove moisture from the system and helps perserve it. It also can help you when the car slams the next time as it gives you access to the system so that you can use a tire chuck to file the system with air. It's good insurance

How large is the spider valve and where do you install it?

How does a Mark handle after a ride conversion??

3 years ago I put a standard conversion on my 93. First I noticed that it felt more stable. The ride was comparable... Was it the air ride no, but did I really notice it was gone No! If you don't want to keep throwing money into the air ride the coils are a great option. If you feel that it's the air ride that makes the Mark VIII the Mark VIII then I guess you need it. There are those who love the air ride. I like it, it's nice but I don't feel it's what makes the Mark VIII the great car that it is.

2 years ago I put a 1.5 lower conversion on my 94. With this set up the car handled fantastic. Tighter in the corners it really straightened out the curves. Did the ride get a rougher yes but I expected that and didn't mind as I wasn't looking to keep the car a Luxury Boat... I was looking for the look and the feel that I got. I'm not complaining other might not like it but that's their opinion.

I always noticed with my cars when on air ride that they felt a bit lose when you hit the curves harder. I felt this changed when I converted to coils.

Now KK and MonsterMark who are air ride lovers will tell that you have to keep your air ride. Not all of us have the Money that MonsterMark has to keep dumping into brand new air ride components, hoping that the air ride will continue for more years.

I've been trying to keep my 95's air ride going (with the help of Eddie Spinks and parts that I am able to pick up), but it's giving me headaches now and last Eddie told me it's now an electrical problem that would need to be hunted down. Once the weather improves a bit I'm may see if on of my spare parts will solve the problem but if not then my 95 is going to coils also.

Then No more worries whether the air ride will be working or not. But I'll still be riding in my Mark VIII.

When I purchase my next Mark VIII which may be next year. Then I'm sure it will have air ride and I'll keep the air ride going as long as I can or can afford but when I feel it's becoming too much of a PITA then to coils it will go.

Hope this answers your question on the handling of the coils... LOL

How large is the spider valve and where do you install it?

The spider valve is a few inches long maybe 3 or 4, with air lines (I'm assuming that the new spider is close in size to the old ones. KK has the new spider so he should be albe to tell more.

It installs between the bags and the dryer. You are given enough air line to mount it where you feel you can place it. Usually somewhere near the compressor or where ever you feel it will work for you. It's an easy install. Only thing you need to make sure is you push the air lines in far enough into the dryer otherwise the air lines will leak at the dryer. I had this happen on my first spider install.

The spider valve install by the compressor and you have to remove the air silencer to make room. It is a fairly involved contraption with valve and air lines and solenoids.... Not too big though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back